• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Airbrake MX Goggles - Review, Pictures And Tech | Shade Station

Looks a little different than the sneak pic posted a few months ago, but definitely looks cool. I'm curious how the Switchlock works on there. What is the MSRP on them, and will they include two lenses like the snow version?

Looks a little different than the sneak pic posted a few months ago, but definitely looks cool. I'm curious how the Switchlock works on there. What is the MSRP on them, and will they include two lenses like the snow version?

Unfortunately they do not have Switchlock on these, purely because of the 'roll on' technology of the tear offs. No idea on the MSRP yet as Oakley have not released this, but I would think that they will be reasonable.

The initial information suggests that they will not come with 2 lenses, but you can buy them seperately.

I wonder what the point of these is then since there's no Switchlock.
scratch.gif

I wonder what the point of these is then since there's no Switchlock.
scratch.gif

Well they are the first ever MX goggle with a spherical lens, so they have HDO and XYZ Optics, something that no other MX goggle has ever managed. The issue before was trying to keep a tear off on a spherical lens, but with the roll-on tech, it looks like they've solved it.

Airbrake MX definitively has Switchlock in it. Unlike the snow version, the switchlock components are on both sides and not just the one. The lens is now plutonite which gives it XYZ and HDO optics. They had to create the roll-off system because tear offs do not stay on a spherical lens.

Airbrake MX definitively has Switchlock in it. Unlike the snow version, the switchlock components are on both sides and not just the one. The lens is now plutonite which gives it XYZ and HDO optics. They had to create the roll-off system because tear offs do not stay on a spherical lens.

I've just had a word with one of our tech reps at Oakley and they did confirm that the Airbrake MX doesn't have switchlock? Maybe we will have to wait and see in person :)

Back