• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Albert Pujols

I think this is the last straw for me. The past couple of years I've become less and less interested in MLB with the A's continually sticking to their Moneyball mantra.

It's NFL and NHL for me now.

Ah c'mon....baseball is great!

Hahahhaa. Being a Brewers fan it helps us losing Pujols from the Cardinals, but wit K-Rod accepting arbitration and Fielder gone, this is going to be a tough season for the Crew.

It can't be any worse than being Mets fan. We suck....and will for a long time.

I understand that but look what the Marlins are doing this off season. If they A's were able to build the new ballpark in San Jose they'd be able to draw in a much larger fan base. A team can't spend if they are unable to draw fans.

I still do not think they will draw in the crowds. Miami isn't a baseball town.

Baseball fans on the O-forum? YES! I'm excited that Pujols is now in the AL as that means one thing for me. I can make the trip down to Safeco and finally see him action.
Definitely agreed with the thoughts on the A's that were brought up. They had it going back in the daywith Billy Beane and Washington but their stadium and ownership is hurting. What do you guys think about Toronto? Any chance of revival in the upcoming years?

Baseball fans on the O-forum? YES! I'm excited that Pujols is now in the AL as that means one thing for me. I can make the trip down to Safeco and finally see him action.
Definitely agreed with the thoughts on the A's that were brought up. They had it going back in the daywith Billy Beane and Washington but their stadium and ownership is hurting. What do you guys think about Toronto? Any chance of revival in the upcoming years?

Alex Anthopoulos is a mad scientist with the moves he has pulled off since becoming the GM. Not only has he shed two wickedly poor contracts (Vernon Wells and Alex Rios) but also traded for Yunel Escobar and Brett Lawrie. They look like they are on the right track. I'd go as far as saying that if they bring in an ace next off season like Matt Cain, Zack Greinke, or Cole Hamels they are a serious playoff contender.

Back