• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

All Bow Down Before The KING

This board and metals are indeed the dark side. When I first joined these forums I was a frogskins/holbrook snob. Sometime in 2012 I will have more metals than frogs, since I have been offloading frogs I don't want for more metals! I also reduced my holbrook collection from 8 down to 4..

There's a lot of reasons behind this for some people. First, the X metals tend to be rarer..you'll certainly look unique. Second, anyone can make a plastic frame....there are quality differences sure but its not THAT difficult to manufacture....once you realize how complex the X Metals were to develop and are to manufacture you truly feel part of something special wearing them.

There's a lot of reasons behind this for some people. First, the X metals tend to be rarer..you'll certainly look unique. Second, anyone can make a plastic frame....there are quality differences sure but its not THAT difficult to manufacture....once you realize how complex the X Metals were to develop and are to manufacture you truly feel part of something special wearing them.

Good points here. In defense to the frog game though, the same can be said about rarity. The reason a lot of people are intrigued by frogskins is due to all the collaborations with different brands/companies/artists/etc. that make some of them limited to 50-150 in the world and some people like owning the very rare pieces. I totally agree with you though about anyone making a plastic frame easily. I do agree that the development of an x metal is very interesting and I truly love their simple, yet complex design and build structure.

i'm with Jive on this. i love them both. tend to swing between the frogs and the metals recently, but i foresee more metals for me in 2012. damn.

i'm with Jive on this. i love them both. tend to swing between the frogs and the metals recently, but i foresee more metals for me in 2012. damn.

yea dude, I have all the frogs I really want, the rest of the ones I want are like $500-800 a piece and I am not swinging that kind of money for those lol.

@jiveSEVEN US$500-800 is a lot of money for some plastic :eek:))

You've sold some plastic for close to that much so you know first hand Matt haha. :)

Actually taking a step back, the frog game can actually be more expensive than metals due to the insane, limited collaborations. Ask jono yong lol.

i know. . . we made a trade and that works for both of us ;o)

frog fans are so generously hihi

got my first chance to wear these out today. aside from the fact the Fire barely handles December sun (that 16% transmission is not doing it...14% in Ruby is pushing it already...I have sensitive eyes), incredible. Great fit...these are not heavy to me....though I'm used to heavier glasses...and could be worn everyday if I wanted.

As to fit, these have the 25 shocks in them and they are a just a tad loose. If I wanted a lock tight fit I could pop the 50's in but that would likely lend the frame to cracking the lenses. As it is, the 25 shocks are tight enough and I can't feel any flex so the lenses should be fine if I take off and on over the top of my head like I do all my metals. I am wondering what mega headed person is out there who could wear these with 15 shocks though because I have a BIG head and they would be way loose with the 15's in them. Still going to get ruby lenses.....deciding whether to get some from Dr. Chop for $90 or Linegear for $70...each has their pro's and cons. Have to sleep on it.

Back