• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Almost Got Ripped Off On CL For The X Squared.

Nuum

Oakley Expert
Atlanta GA
I found this on CL Atlanta and the seller is not too far from where I live. I'd e-mail him about the case, box and coin. He replied with picture of the regular " O " case. I asked about the last 2 digits of the model number because all I can see is the " 006011-0?". He replied back "06".
I think 006011-06 is Carbon with Black Iridium, but his Plasma/Ice suppose to be 006011-04. So I have to pass on this deal.
Oakley X squared

I saw those, too. I picked up a pair of Juliets this past weekend instead. Glad I didn't go with those - being new to the X Metals like I am, I wouldn't have even known what model the serial # signified. We learn something new every day. This forum has saved me from a couple of close calls already, and I have only been on here a couple of days - Thanks!!!

I'm new to the X Metals too. I'm glad I've joined this forum and did some research about the X Metals. I found an old post that list all the model number and color combo from this forum and e-mail the guy with some question. Sure enough it's a fake.

Based upon what present prices on E-Bay are for XS....and what you could close the deal on his CL X Squared's saying you "almost got ripped off" isn't really close to true. Buying a pair on ebay for close to $700 is getting ripped off. It's not like XS's are anything rare at all and having matching numbers makes much diff at all, I've switched lenses in many of my XS's or even Juliets....what matters is that is IF they are REAL Oakley product. Fake=ripped off......incorrect lenses......not so much.
Tim
PS...... the others on here can determine if they are a fake XS......Fake Juliets are commonplace and easy to tell, I haven't seen many if any fake XS's. All i'm saying is incorrect lens isn't the true determining factor, yes u gotta be careful unless you can look them over and hold them in your hot lil hands....

Last edited:
Good to know. I missed out on a pair of Juliets (Ducati) on Friday up in North GA. They were listed for $125, but they didn't have the box, coin, etc., and the seller didn't seem that knowledgeable. I decided to chance it anyway, but they were gone by the time I checked back. I didn't know how long it might be before another pair popped up, so I almost called about the X Squared since I had the X Metal bug so bad. But another pair of Juliets popped up much closer to me, box and all. They cost me a little more, but it was well worth it. Especially knowing what I know now! ;-)

That XS is fake the nose bridge is wrong shape and it seems it has rivets, but the real ones are allen screws.
Fake:
01515_9lakg4FZV3U_600x450.jpg

Real
13753262414_b43a5e30b4_o.jpg

13752884955_63a5345730_o.jpg

Thank you Sundalo for the useful info. So much to learn for the newbie like me.

Glad I could help.

I would highly recommend to wait until you have access to the 'exchange' section. That way, you won't be crossing your fingers hoping you bought a geniune xmetals.

Glad I could help.

I would highly recommend to wait until you have access to the 'exchange' section. That way, you won't be crossing your fingers hoping you bought a geniune xmetals.

I have had several transactions here that ranged from poor to suck azz, but I've had some really good ones too. Don't be fooled into thinking the exchange section is a can't go wrong option.

Latest Posts

Back