1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. N Jenner

N Jenner Oakley Enthusiast

So as the title suggests, I'm almost positive I'm in possession of a minute machine fake. I don't have any pictures at the moment but the funny thing is that everything outlined in the other threads on this matter show that this is a legit minute machine. Band is correct, case is titanium, saphire crystal with a blue hue under certain light, face is correct, back plate is correct, watch came with all the paperwork and the correct boxes. Now for the part that makes me positive it's fake, battery was dead and when it was opened to replace the battery the guts on the watch are plastic?? Has anyone else seen the inside of a genuine minute machine? It surely can't be plastic with a watch of this caliber?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

There is a thread somewhere in he watch section with pics of the inside. I remember other people complaining about the plastic innards as well. Maybe somebody can point you to that thread, I can't find it.

3. N Jenner

Maybe it is genuine then? Anyone have any info on this? Just seems strange that a watch with a Swiss movement has such a cheap looking interior.

Sunglass Shack likes this.
  4. Yeti

Yeti Frostmonkey Staff Member Premium Member

The problem is thinking the MM is anything other than a $200 fashion watch wrapped in a nice case and bracelet.

Sundalo and Frogskins like this.
  5. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I don't think they use the nice ETA movements, either. It's a quartz watch, so right there you know it's not one of the big name Swiss movements.

The innards are no different than what is used in Wenger and Victorinox watches, or something of that caliber. They work. The watch looks good. Plastic plates save a little weight, and are a lot cheaper to make. It's not like they're load bearing or subject to stresses like what a mechanical or automatic would see.

6. N Jenner

So the movement is supposed to be plastic? If so I think I got a genuine one for almost nothing!

7. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

Authentic Minute Machine internals....

Almost Positive I Have A Minute Machine Fake - aqedyna6.jpg

motoGP_fanatic and xmetalmaniac like this.
  8. RiBhas

RiBhas Oakley Beginner

So that is your enlightment @N Jenner :D

9. N Jenner

Thanks! Looks the same on the inside and everything else checks out. I have to admit though I was disappointed when I opened it up.

10. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

that is why you go for a timebomb 2 ;) a proper, automatic mechanical movement.