• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aloha from Hawaii!!!

khui

Oakley Beginner
aloha all,

happy holidays and hope you guys had a nice christmas! i finally let myself get into the oakleys and run free with it. i first discovered oakleys in the early late 70's/early 80's when i was into bmx bikes and freestyling. it wasnt unitl the late 80's when discovered oakleys and the mainstream eyewear products. i was blown away at the frogskin color combinations and the cool style of the "M" frames. i remembered the prices back then was like $35 for frogskins, and $60 for "M" frames at "Shades of California".

my first pair of oakleys was the minutes in titatnium finish and the my wife got the same one in tortoise shell. i didnt let myself get into expensive eyewear and always got the cheapy stuff at the kiosks or flea market.

i started getting more oakleys in 2013. to date i still have in my collection:

fuel cells (white frame/smoke lenses)
pit bull (smoke frame/smoke lenses)
fives squared (root beer lenses/ brown lenses)
cross link sweeps (maroon arms)
chain link (clear frame/violet iridium lenses)
chain link (matt white frame/ smoke lenses)
racing jacket (white/yellow frame/ fire irridium lenses)
triggerman (black frame/ ruby irridium lenses)

i probably didnt get the color names right, will come back and edit later...lol....looking forward to meeting one and all and talking and trading oakleys. take care!

keith

Howzit Keith. Did you have a set of Oakley grips since you were into BMX? Grips were my first Oakleys.

What part of the state do you live? I'm from Oahu. Haven't been on the boards much in the last few years. Uluahunter and I were the only Hawaii guys on the board a few years ago.

Back