• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Alternative To Flak Jackets?

IUSTEVE

I am Jim Jannard...
INDIANA
I am curious if anyone can tell me is there a comparable frame to the Flak that is a bit wider across (from temple to temple)? I have a pair of flaks that are a little tighter than id prefer.

I don't have dimensions, but had been wearing Flak Jackets for an hour every day on my commute, and yesterday switched to a Fast Jacket. I think fit is very comparable, with the Fast Jacket perhaps being a bit wider. I'll try them on back to back tonight when I get home and let you know what I think.

Also, here's a chart with all kinds of dimensions on Oakleys: Oakley Sunglasses Buyer's Guide

According to it, Fast Jackets are 9 milimeters wider than Flak Jackets, with Fast Jackets being the widest ones listed. Seems about right.

You could always try the half jacket 2.0 it's a similar frame style and utilizes pressure fit lenses. The fast jacket seems to me a bit pricey due to the lens changing system. If you want I can take some over view pics for you this evening.

You could always try the half jacket 2.0 it's a similar frame style and utilizes pressure fit lenses. The fast jacket seems to me a bit pricey due to the lens changing system. If you want I can take some over view pics for you this evening.
What do the pressure fit lenses due? More or less I need something wider across the temples

The Flak is on the top. The frames are almost identical. In my experience with wearing Flaks they are a bit snug and I am not a fan of them. However the Half Jacket 2.0 seem to fit just right and doesn't put as much pressure on the side of my head as the Flak does. I am going to assume its the temple design and its flex points. So with that the Fast Jacket is goin to be a bit bigger. Hope this helps.....

tavymysu.jpg

rymypu3u.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back