1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. IUSTEVE

IUSTEVE Oakley Expert

I am curious if anyone can tell me is there a comparable frame to the Flak that is a bit wider across (from temple to temple)? I have a pair of flaks that are a little tighter than id prefer.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

Try the Fast Jackets

3. IUSTEVE

IUSTEVE Oakley Expert

Its hard to "try" anything as I don't have an O store or vault anywhere near me. Are they wider? I'd love to have actual dimensions.

4. pistolpetefan23

pistolpetefan23 Oakley Expert Premium Member

I don't have dimensions, but had been wearing Flak Jackets for an hour every day on my commute, and yesterday switched to a Fast Jacket. I think fit is very comparable, with the Fast Jacket perhaps being a bit wider. I'll try them on back to back tonight when I get home and let you know what I think.

Also, here's a chart with all kinds of dimensions on Oakleys: Oakley Sunglasses Buyer's Guide

According to it, Fast Jackets are 9 milimeters wider than Flak Jackets, with Fast Jackets being the widest ones listed. Seems about right.

5. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

You could always try the half jacket 2.0 it's a similar frame style and utilizes pressure fit lenses. The fast jacket seems to me a bit pricey due to the lens changing system. If you want I can take some over view pics for you this evening.

6. Patient_Cero

Patient_Cero Oakley Collector

Do you know your hat size? Flak are a tiny bit snug on me but Fast Jackets are just fine, I wear a 7 1/4 fitted hat.

7. IUSTEVE

IUSTEVE Oakley Expert

I think im a 7 1/2 or 7 5/8. I don't recall

8. IUSTEVE

IUSTEVE Oakley Expert

What do the pressure fit lenses due? More or less I need something wider across the temples

9. xmetalmaniac

It's just how the lenses are kept in the frame. It doesn't change the frame.

10. xmetalmaniac

The Flak is on the top. The frames are almost identical. In my experience with wearing Flaks they are a bit snug and I am not a fan of them. However the Half Jacket 2.0 seem to fit just right and doesn't put as much pressure on the side of my head as the Flak does. I am going to assume its the temple design and its flex points. So with that the Fast Jacket is goin to be a bit bigger. Hope this helps.....

Alternative To Flak Jackets? - tavymysu.jpg
    Alternative To Flak Jackets? - rymypu3u.jpg

Last edited: 1/25/14