• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aluminum Display Case - Polish Product Review

Thanks for the tips. I am going to get the mothers since I like the shiny appearance. What did you use to do the buffing? A highspeed drill with the polish ball like on a mag wheel or something else. Dont want to mess up the cabinet.

Thanks for the tips. I am going to get the mothers since I like the shiny appearance. What did you use to do the buffing? A highspeed drill with the polish ball like on a mag wheel or something else. Dont want to mess up the cabinet.

I just used a cotton rag and elbow grease but yes you could use a buffing wheel on a drill.

But be aware that changing the OEM finish by polishing it may negatively affect its resell value, depending on current condition. If it's already a fixer-upper, it likely won't matter, though.

I just used a cotton rag and elbow grease but yes you could use a buffing wheel on a drill.

But be aware that changing the OEM finish by polishing it may negatively affect its resell value, depending on current condition. If it's already a fixer-upper, it likely won't matter, though.

Thanks for the reply. Not certain i will shine it way up just clean it up and update the shelves.

@kronin323 You weren’t kidding about Mothers being too effective. I stuck to the corner angle irons like you advised. Buffed a little vigorously in an area to remove black spots, and came out with a mirror finish. I’m glad I started with my goggle rack before going at it on my RX Towers. I’m considering going with the mirror finish on the sides using Mothers and sticking with Sheila Shine on the panels when I get to the Towers.
FF57A839-821C-47C3-84BA-06798349A67A.jpeg

@kronin323 You weren’t kidding about Mothers being too effective. I stuck to the corner angle irons like you advised. Buffed a little vigorously in an area to remove black spots, and came out with a mirror finish. I’m glad I started with my goggle rack before going at it on my RX Towers. I’m considering going with the mirror finish on the sides using Mothers and sticking with Sheila Shine on the panels when I get to the Towers.
View attachment 497690
Do what you want but I’d not recommend using the Mothers on the uprights. Once you polish one section to a mirror shine anything not mirroring that finish will look untouched. Around the rivets for example. The lack of uniform finish will ultimately look odd.

Latest Posts

Back