• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Am I An Idiot??

id go as far as recroding a video of you opening the package when you get it just for evidence, so theres no way the seller can say you changed them or whatever....

Have you contacted him? He may let you out of it.
Im sure he doesnt want any grief. Im also sure he has a box of these in his garage.
A

He refunded my money. Once I confronted him about it he didn't put up much of a fight. What a turd

Great to hear!

As much of a turd he may be, at least he refunded you. There have been stories of people who sell you fake/damaged Oakleys, and when you try to ask for a refund, they claim that you're trying to scam them, rather than the other way around.

He refunded my money. Once I confronted him about it he didn't put up much of a fight. What a turd

Glad to hear you got your money back, and I agree with your description of him, but at least he refunded your money.

A couple of years ago I was leaving the house to run some errands and did a quick check of Ping putters on ebay. Saw one that I was interested in that was ending in 3hrs so I placed the minimum bid ($35) thinking I probably wouldn't win it, but at least I wouldn't come home and find out that it didn't sell and that I could have gotten it for $35 (was expecting it to go for $75 or $80).

When I got home, I found out that I won it. I was excited for a few minutes then noticed that something looked slightly odd about some of the engraving. I asked the guy for the serial number prior to paying and he responded that it didn't have one. I told him that it was a fake and I wanted to cancel the transaction (I hadn't paid yet). His response was that it was a good price even if it was fake, and told me that I should have asked questions before I bid. I was quite shocked that he scolded me in this manner. Needless to say, he canceled the transaction when I told him that not only was I not going to pay, but that I was going to leave negative feedback and report him to ebay for selling counterfeit goods.

Now days I'm much slower to bid and ask a lot of questions (even if it seems obvious). My hesitancy to act quick has probably cost me some good deals, but sometimes it is better to be safe than sorry.

I wish I would have known. I went and met him I'm only 15 miles away. At that price i was gonna buy about 4 of them.He had them in a box in his trunk. About 25 pairs all with the soft vault pictured. I realized they were fake and told him I didn't want any. I told him I wanted box and coin everything that usually comes with them, of course he did't have any. Some were heavier than others and some were lighter .

I'm hoping he reconsiders posting his ad or posts with accurate info. Once he knew I consulted folks on this board he refunded my money right away. Y'all must carry some weight.... So thanks everyone!

Back