• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Am I the only one who doesn't have a grail item???

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
I sit and think and the first thing that comes to mind is Medusa. Then I think C-Six. Then my mind scrambles to so many things I want that I can't really put a pinpoint on any one piece. I look at what I have and what I started with and I think my whole collection is a grail piece because I'd hate myself if I sold anything out of it. There's times when I get short on cash and I see the collection as a small bucket of cash but then I can't go through with sales. Even the two pieces I listed above are not that far out of reach I just have to be committed for a couple weeks and stop spending on the smaller stuff. Well this was just a thought in my head and was wondering if anyone else feels like I do?

Do you really ever get your grail? Mine was IH Juliet...got one, then Ducati Juliet.....got one, now I want a 24K Juliet....will end up with one someday, then I'll have another grail, lol.

Pretty much exactly what I mean. I forgot about the 24k Juliets and X-Squared. They are on my list as well.

That is why I asked the question " am I the only one without a grail piece " not meaning I dont have what I consider a grail piece there is just no one piece i consider a grail piece.

To me a grail is the one that makes you quit searching. I'll never get to that point. There will always be one in better condition, different color, or just one more for the shelf. That's why its a collection, not a hobby.

The bite sized pricing nature of Oakleys makes the collecting experience quite different than other pursuits...

When I spent more time in the Ducati world for example, the price of entry was such that two nice Ducs could mean $35k in your garage...

A $10k+ collection of Oaks here isn't rare. I don't know if thats a good thing or not!

The problem with chasing a grail is it alway ends up on ebay sooner or latter, it just take the guts to pull the trigger or not.

Latest Posts

Back