1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. rmontez

rmontez Oakley Expert Premium Member

I sit and think and the first thing that comes to mind is Medusa. Then I think C-Six. Then my mind scrambles to so many things I want that I can't really put a pinpoint on any one piece. I look at what I have and what I started with and I think my whole collection is a grail piece because I'd hate myself if I sold anything out of it. There's times when I get short on cash and I see the collection as a small bucket of cash but then I can't go through with sales. Even the two pieces I listed above are not that far out of reach I just have to be committed for a couple weeks and stop spending on the smaller stuff. Well this was just a thought in my head and was wondering if anyone else feels like I do?

Sunglass Shack likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

Do you really ever get your grail? Mine was IH Juliet...got one, then Ducati Juliet.....got one, now I want a 24K Juliet....will end up with one someday, then I'll have another grail, lol.

jhey81 and Eckstream1 like this.
  3. rmontez

Pretty much exactly what I mean. I forgot about the 24k Juliets and X-Squared. They are on my list as well.

Wicked likes this.
  4. IUSTEVE

IUSTEVE Oakley Expert

I don't have mine but then again it's merely an R1

5. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Isn't a grail different for everybody? It could be a Medusa, or it could be a half Jacket!

6. rmontez

That is why I asked the question " am I the only one without a grail piece " not meaning I dont have what I consider a grail piece there is just no one piece i consider a grail piece.

7. To me a grail is the one that makes you quit searching. I'll never get to that point. There will always be one in better condition, different color, or just one more for the shelf. That's why its a collection, not a hobby.

8. Supero100

Supero100 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

The bite sized pricing nature of Oakleys makes the collecting experience quite different than other pursuits...

When I spent more time in the Ducati world for example, the price of entry was such that two nice Ducs could mean $35k in your garage...

A $10k+ collection of Oaks here isn't rare. I don't know if thats a good thing or not!

Dallas O Hog likes this.
  9. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

if youre here in OF then your grail is.... to infinity and beyond..... never say you found your grail coz another one will pop up and say... "find me and add me to your display bro!"

10. djhyper66

djhyper66 Oakley Expert

The problem with chasing a grail is it alway ends up on ebay sooner or latter, it just take the guts to pull the trigger or not.