• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Am I the only one who doesn't have a grail item???

A "grail" piece doesnt have to be expensive. It just has to be something you want to have above most if not all others. I was fortunate to mark one off my list this week. I hope, as I do not have it in my hands quite yet but will soon. Do other people think its cool? Maybe, maybe not but I do, and thats what counts. Set me back less than 2 bills so it wasnt terribly expensive, but it is hard to find. Been looking well over a year for it. Had a chance to buy one at RED but the condition wasnt great and eventually passed. To me the grail is a piece you hang on to forever. The only time I would sell a "grail" would be if I were liquidating my whole collection. Or I guess if someone offered me stupid money for it...lol

My idea of a grail doesn't necessarily have to be something expensive or cheap, it's an item, not necessarily Oakley, but an item that you have been searching for, wanting, seeking out, etc. It maybe what is top on your list to locate, buy, and enjoy in your collection. Some people once they get their "grail" feel a sense of satisfaction, that they obtained the item they were chasing down. Some people will then be content with just that item and be done looking for anything else.
Some of those people move on to another item to find and make that new item their grail or quest. Others consider a grail the most treasured item out of their collection, the crown jewel in the display case per say. Some sell their grail, for what ever reasons, it maybe the hunt that fuels them too. I don't think I really have a grail or crown jewel in my collection as I enjoy everything. I love the hunt, the digging in store drawers and cases finding stuff that just sits and waits to be discovered.

For "grails," I have two OG doublewides, an OTT, PB1, and XX. I'm pretty content with that for now. I'm not dying to spend $1500 on a C-Six or Medusa, but if they come along for the right price, I may consider it...

Whew. Thanks for reminding me that grail and money are independent of each other.

my 'grail' item at this time is an earsock for my 1st gen racing jackets!! more likely to pick up a c-six for 250 quid!!

I may have what u need lol

is that the earsock
y6eje5uq.jpg

or the c-six for 250 quid!!
(u know what that looks like)!!

No grail but wish I could find a dark grey chrome sj2 should never has sold mine

Last edited:
Back