• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Am I the only one with issues on forum pics not loading in threads?

GRFMotorsports

is an Oakley whore
Premium Member
Nixa, Mo
This has been going on now for a while. I repeatedly have issues with forum hosted pics loading in the threads. I hit refresh over and over again but some wont load one time, others wont load the next, some wont load at all. I can right click the pic and see it but they dont load in the thread. This happens on multiple computers all running the latest version of Firefox. Is it just me?

I have had the same problem from time to time. Seems to happen most in the "What Oakleys are you wearing today" thread. just as you described some pics load, others do not. Refresh and some new ones load while others that had previously loaded do not and others never seem to load. Has only happened a couple of times to me. I think it may be a browser issue as I recall it has happened to me at work and not at home.

As a side note: The Forum as a whole seems to be running a lot slower in recent days. Loading much slower when I go from thread to thread. Pics loading slower as well. Other web sites like espn and MSN that I use quite frequently seem normal, so I don't think its an issue with my PC.

Yeah I've having that problem a bit with Firefox on my work laptop lately, not really on the WOAYWT thread but a lot with the WOYP thread. If I clear the browser cache it goes away but then it comes back.

And with IE on my home system, I have had slower loading pics lately. In the past this was from internet speed problems but I've gotten that fixed - every time I get the slow downloads now I run a speed test and my connection is 100%.

Hmm, I will look into this, to see. We just increased the speed of the servers, but it could also be the fact that the threads you're referring to contain a massive amount of images.

Tapatalk is out of our control - one of the reasons we push people to use the mobile site, but a large part of it is the bandwidth. We allow very large images - at the request of members, so when you attempt to load a thread with pictures over a slow connection or mobile phone, some images may take forever to appear.

^This is my running theory as I haven't be able to recreate the issue on my end, going through tons of pages in the WAYW thread.

Something I just stumbled across... :D

slowdown.png

I also have issues uploading pics and get an error its hit and miss
I will then go to Photobucket and add the link.in the post
But that is a PIA

Back