• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Amazon 30% Off

kevind2244

Oakley Beginner
GA
Take 30% Off
Amazon Prime members save 30% on select clothing, shoes, jewelry, watches, and more. Discount applied at checkout. This offer is valid today only, July 15.

i went and checked out their deals and was like "eehhh"...

then I go to yahoo's homepage and find this article - it's hilarious: Walmart wallops Amazon on 'Prime Day' - Yahoo Finance

Walmart wallops Amazon on 'Prime Day'

Doorbuster? Or tag sale?

That’s the question many Amazon (AMZN) customers seem to be asking as they browse the retail site during a shopping extravaganza Amazon has hyped as bigger than Black Friday. Prime Day, as Amazon calls it, is supposed to be a mid-summer opportunity to get killer prices on some of the year’s hottest products. But many shoppers are logging on to find underwhelming deals on oddball offerings such as beer coolies, nose vents, shoehorns and cat-training aids.

Given Amazon’s heft, some retail analysts have speculated that the online dealfest could reshape the whole retail landscape. Instead, Prime Day seems to be shaping up as a flop, as social media posts such as those posted below suggest.

o1Mta7_M_normal.jpe
Dan Dawley@swelltv
This @amazon sale is a joke. A sale on Thomas the Train and Rock em' Sockem Robots! Woohoo! #amazonprime thanks, but no thanks.
2:23 AM - 15 Jul 2015

jocONNhg_normal.jpe
Amy Kreis@amykreis
#AmazonPrimeDay is like shopping a garage sale - you go in with high expectations and walk away with more junk.
8:29 AM - 15 Jul 2015

Apparently they missed the part where Amazon sold thousands of Fire Sticks, Kindle Fire's, large TV's, and more. I bought a third Kindle Fire and the Fire Stick. Walmart had nothing close in deals for actual desirable items, unless you're looking for 5-year old tablets with incredibly outdated specs.

"Prime Day peak order rates have surpassed 2014 Black Friday. Prime members have already bought – tens of thousands of Fire TV Sticks, 35K Lord of the Rings Blu-Ray sets, 28K Rubbermaid sets, and 4K Echo devices in 15 minutes. The Kate Spade purse was gone in less than a minute. 1.2K of $999 TVs sold out in less than 10 minutes and there are thousands more deals coming" -- that was as of two hours ago.

Didn't bother with the Amazon stuff because I'm not a member of Prime... Walmart sale: ehhhh no desire for ancient tablets

Back