• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

American Pickers

GRFMotorsports said:
I did notice the boys on Auction hunters usually have a pair on in the show. As with any reality show... there are strings or truth or "realness" mixed in for the ideas, items or people but it is all staged for television.

This. My dad flies Rc airplanes, and someone he knows was asked to but his plane in a storage locker for storage wars. When they bought the locker, they came back to him and he bought it back for the show. Totally fake.

Uh - they're called "reality shows" for a reason. Because they're real. I don't believe ANY staging goes into ANY reality shows. If someone told me that there was some scripting going on in Survivor it would pretty much crush my world.

I would say though that having your "star" who is a man wearing women's sunglasses would add credibility that it IS real. You'd hope that if it was staged they'd get those kind of wrinkles out.

Imagine Brad Pitt wearing Pockets instead of Mars Leather? Or Tom Cruise with some Teaspoons.

It's pretty well known that Pawn Stars now uses a ton of things brought in, people posting on the internet they were approached, or they were in the store and overheard scripting practice, swapping items from their guy that now has his own show in restoration, etc. And knowing firearms and watching a show like Sons of Guns it's pretty easy to spot camera tricks, inaccuracies, etc that confirm there's at least some fishy stuff going on.

I hate Jersey Shore, but I did take a few minutes to watch on episode on VH1 that had the pop-up-video treatment with a ton of facts and inside information, and it turns out a lot of what you see is staged by the producers, and a couple of the cast members absolutely hated each other.

Back