• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

An addiction or a hobby???

So if there was a car meet of the same would you have gone that instead.
Nope...

My car club has meets all the time, I don't do any of that stuff anymore...

I got car meets and street racing and cruises out of my system in my twenties - I got two kids now, so hanging out with them is more important...

Priorities change over time...

Ha, No..ur addicted. Dude, You are making time to write on a forum about Oakley sunglasses. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.:help:
I have posted a lot - and I have the third most likes on this forum in the little time I've been here...

If I had another 3,000 posts, i'd probably have the most likes on this forum :)

BUT, it's because I'm ACTIVE...please separate an active member from an addictive member...

They're two separate things, gentle sir...

Last edited:
Ok he has to admit it is A hobby ,not a fad :D
Yes sir, just a casual hobby I'm into right now :cool:

I could sell all my stuff and quit posting on this forum and feel at peace...

But I won't, because I like the interaction with people, the comradery, posting pictures and passing time at work :)

Been posting on forums for waaaaay too long...

@Litos pretty much described a hobby, not an addiction. He loves the glasses that he owns, might pickup a few more if the mood hits him and the price is right at the time, and fits it in amongst his family and job and recreation. By very definition that's not even close to an addiction. I get a little more into it than he does, and that's all good too. Would love to go to the Vegas meet but it's not in the cards for me this year, so I'm looking forward to next years...but if we don't have one ever again I probably won't hurl myself off a bridge in utter despair.

Litos and I will, however, talk a little bit about Oakleys when my wife and I visit his family at the gazebo for what will probably be the single best barbecue we will ever have. Ever.

;)
And you know this is true...

The Oakley Forum Pit Master Overlord will personally welcome you to his Gazebo for the best BBQ in the state...

Come in October though, I don't think you want to deal with a 108-110 heat index with 55% humidity for 10 hours straight lol...

And you know this is true...

The Oakley Forum Pit Master Overlord will personally welcome you to his Gazebo for the best BBQ in the state...

Come in October though, I don't think you want to deal with a 108-110 heat index with 55% humidity for 10 hours straight lol...

If I were a gambling man, sir, I would tell you you would lose that bet! I love it so stinking hot and humid outside that you start sweating before you get to your car from your front door in the morning!!

Now the Mrs, on the other hand.......October!

:whistle:

If I were a gambling man, sir, I would tell you you would lose that bet! I love it so stinking hot and humid outside that you start sweating before you get to your car from your front door in the morning!!

Now the Mrs, on the other hand.......October!

:whistle:
Wow - then you're in !!!

Come in September - that's when it's the hottest and grossest here hahaha !!!

Wow - then you're in !!!

Come in September - that's when it's the hottest and grossest here hahaha !!!

OUTSTANDING!!!

(I'll tell her it's the start of the Texas "Relatively Mild Late Summer Season" and just hope she doesn't check the weather channel...)

:grin:

Back