• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

And now your local forecast

I was in elementary school from 1978 - 1983 (including kindergarten). Back then they made a push to convert the US from Fahrenheit / Standard to Celsius / Metric system. They taught both in school, and how to convert from one to the other and vice versa.

But it failed and we're still on Fahrenheit / Standard. I don't know if they even still teach Celsius / Metric, at least in elementary school....
You see, what you call the "standard" set of measures we call "imperial" measurements because that's literally how old it is! Some of them we were taught at school and we still use miles and weigh ourselves in stones and pounds (not just lbs so that needs some mental conversion) but elsewhere metric rules. And only my parents' generation and older use Fahrenheit.

Somewhat ironic that the U.S. stuck with imperial measures longer than England has :) Though, to be fair, you did invent your own gallon. It's smaller than ours, so mpg comparisons don't work.

Heat wave... Is winter gone?
uploadfromtaptalk1425423477335.png

Yesterday Cape Town was recorded as the highest temp in the world for Tuesday coming in at 42 degrees celsius or 107.6 F. Very little to no wind and all of this is not helping the fire that is currently raging on the mountain and has been since the weekend. Feel free to send some rain if you have too much that side.

Cape Town Temp.jpg

Cape Town Fire.jpg

Cape Town Fire (ii).jpg

Yeah it's been cold lately but today we were steady mid-60s, until 12 minutes ago something started blowing in, already dropped six degrees and an icestorm is expected overnight, our 3rd in the past few weeks...

Back