• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Angling Specific..

JoeSchmo

Oakley Beginner
Anybody familiar with deep or shallow blue angling lenses? Do they have any benefits over a regular BIP lens?

they are supossed to help you see better into the water with the blue iridium coating and diffrent color base tints

Bought my dad the Deep Blue Bottle Rockets. Great on the water. Colors are more vibrant than BIP. I like them a lot.

Used to have the shallow blue for flak jackets. The yellowish base tint and the polarized blue iridium coating is a really nice matchupand they really helped with water less than 6ft deep

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to just buy some angling lenses for my hijinx but it looks like they don't sell just the lenses...

Has anyone else used these? I have some Deep Blue Pol Pitbulls coming.
I've had both Deep and Shallow Blue in my Flaks. Deep is darker, but I prefer Shallow...it's good for everything except for really bright sun. Both are great, though. Don't let the "Angling specific" label fool you. They're great for everyday wear, too.

Back