• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Another dead artist

Usually the news of famous people dying has almost zero effect on me. This one hurts. Way too young, love and respect from me.

Strip clubs across the globe have never played this much Prince music in one night.
I'm telling you, Erotic City makes you wanna get up and bone anything within reaching distance...

ANYTHING !!!!

I remember once staying up late watching MTV (back when they actually played Music Tele-Vision) and they played the World Premiere of a video from a new artist, praising him as being a super-spectacular awesome next-big-thing.

It was Prince's "When Doves Cry".

I didn't get it. Seemed strange.

But that changed; I ended up liking it and a bunch of other songs from Purple Rain. Even though I was more of a metalhead than a pop guy.

I remember asking for the Purple Rain album for x-mas or my birthday; one of those "I get gifts" occasions. On tape cassette, of course, which I could play on my walkman while riding the school bus.

And on the appropriate day I opened up a gift and there it was. But something looked a little strange; on closer examination I realized it wasn't the album Purple Rain; it was the soundtrack to the movie "Purple Rain". Which was nearly identical to the actual album, only slightly inferior. I think I might still have it in some box somewhere.

I bet Prince or somebody got a good chuckle out of that one. "We had a bunch of people buy our album and go see the movie, so now let's release a soundtrack to the movie that's nearly identical to the album only slightly inferior and confuse people..."

But really, my favorite Prince story was actually a reenactment. Chappelle's Show had a running bit where Eddie Murphy's brother Charlie would relate humorous stories from his time hanging in Hollywood in his brother's shadow. Rick James was a popular theme but one story was about Prince and it was absolutely hilarious...

I can't embed it in this post but you can see it at this link, NSFW:

Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories - Prince - Uncensored- - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Nothing to do with Prince (or Chyna), but vaguely related (death)...

For a reason I won't explain but is possible to figure out, I found myself on the Wiki page for Gilligan's Island. Turns out most of the cast is already dead.

First to go? "The Millionaire" Howell, in 1989 at age 76.

That was the first of a bad run; the next year The Skipper passed at age 68, and the year after "The Millionaire's Wife", though she lived the longest, passing at age 90.

Then a number of years went by before Gilligan himself passed in 2005 at age 70.

Most recently, The Professor kicked it in 2014 at age 89.

Surviving cast? Ginger and May Ann. But they're currently 82 and 77, respectively, so place your bets now...

Nothing to do with Prince (or Chyna), but vaguely related (death)...

For a reason I won't explain but is possible to figure out, I found myself on the Wiki page for Gilligan's Island. Turns out most of the cast is already dead.

First to go? "The Millionaire" Howell, in 1989 at age 76.

That was the first of a bad run; the next year The Skipper passed at age 68, and the year after "The Millionaire's Wife", though she lived the longest, passing at age 90.

Then a number of years went by before Gilligan himself passed in 2005 at age 70.

Most recently, The Professor kicked it in 2014 at age 89.

Surviving cast? Ginger and May Ann. But they're currently 82 and 77, respectively, so place your bets now...
Are they hot?

Back