• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Another Dog Rescued From An Ungrateful Owner

Oakley_Sight

Gotta love a good DOG
Got these in the post today. Now I knew they weren't in the best of conditions but if I'd have seen them out with their owner I'd have been reporting them to the RSPCA here in the UK. The hinges are floppy & both lenses shot, had to take the lenses out & clean all the scum off the frame as it was that bad. A new set of lenses (not sure what colour yet) & they'll be "GOOD TO GO" for me. But I paid next to nothing (& I mean next to nothing) for them so it was worth it as I didn't have this colour frame. I'm sure these are whiskey & not 10w40 but can someone confirm this for me.
rescuedog1.jpg
[/URL]
rescuedog.jpg
[/URL]
rescuedog2.jpg
[/URL]

The colour is darker than in the photos too.

Attachments

• rescuedog1.jpg
    rescuedog1.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 200
  • rescuedog.jpg
    rescuedog.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 185
  • rescuedog2.jpg
    rescuedog2.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 181
  • rescuedog1.jpg
    rescuedog1.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 200
  • rescuedog.jpg
    rescuedog.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 168
  • rescuedog2.jpg
    rescuedog2.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 165
Have a look at the DIY „polish acrylic paint" and bring your dog back to life. Hopefully it works for your frame.

Yup, those are 10W40s. The Whiskey is almost a whiskey to fade kind of color. There is a comparison in one of my threads where Obiwan posted a pic of a 10W40, a Whiskey and a Brown Fade I think. If you can't find it...I will try to dig it up later.

I should have my 10W40 Dog pretty soon and I can post a pic of all three (10W40, Whiskey and Brown Fade) if needed.

Good score on those!

Back