• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Another fake on ebay?

do we have a list of lame eBay Sellers and their aliases?
In this case heidicre8ive = Scott

I know this is not reliable or comprehensive, but I have seen the same Sellers post the same thing enough times that it may be useful to scrutinize their stuff a bit more - "We know you've listed similar fake items at least 4 times before".

do we have a list of lame eBay Sellers and their aliases?
In this case heidicre8ive = Scott

I know this is not reliable or comprehensive, but I have seen the same Sellers post the same thing enough times that it may be useful to scrutinize their stuff a bit more - "We know you've listed similar fake items at least 4 times before".

So you've seen this guy list fakes before? Know if any sold?

He did reply to my message; text reads:

"I took the ad down. What makes you believe they are fake? I had my son take pics and post the ad. Trust me, my intention is NOT to sell fakes. I'm not home right now so haven't actually seen these glasses up close. I do appreciate you telling me. Thank you."

So you've seen this guy list fakes before? Know if any sold?
No others from this Seller that I am aware, but give them time (and in the meantime due credit that there is a chance their response is sincere - they do have perfect feedback ratings). Having said that I do believe their response to you is somewhat BS [with a capital B]. This Seller has sold authentic Juliets and other X-Metals before. They are familiar with Oakleys products. Even if 'Scott' pawns it off on his son, which I do not believe as a) they are all coming out of the same location and b) the lighting variance is a known red flag for people trying to sell shady stuff in the shade, pun intended. Obviously we cannot say how familiar, but there is no reason for them not to recognize what they are selling is fake if they are paying attention. Even the thought of "send me a pic and I'll list the item without verifying it..." is suspect -that is not right either as it shows their incompetence as a Seller.

I suppose some pass on a fake Juliet as the exception, for others its more of a rule - those are the ones who come back under a different ID after a few sales.

I think it would be good to keep a running list. and I am not aware of one at present.

Having said that I do believe their response to you is somewhat BS [with a capital B].

Oh, I typically expect BS. I just find it entertaining to see how they respond.

He sent me another reply, BTW, after I told him others had already reported the auction:

"Again, I appreciate the warning. Like I said, I didn't lay eyes on this pair . . . Lesson learned. I appreciate the feedback. The last thing I need is a bad reputation on eBay. If you follow my ads, you'll find all my glasses legit. If in question I take to Oakley for authentication. Thanks Again!,-Scott"

lol...