• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Another Score! Ruby X Squared!

xmetalmaniac

Made of Metal
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Florida
While doing my evening Ebay hunting I cam across this nice find. Now there is more to this then meets the eye. The seller listed them as New which they weren't. They were also described as Juliets which they were not. I found a few marks on them ( as I check EVERYTHING CLOSELY upon arrival or purchase ). Clearly the frames are mint but those damn small scratches, nothing that would bother the average wearer, but they are there. Please read on........ LOL
img02021s.jpg

I have bought hundreds of items on Ebay, and never have I come across anything like this. Check out the pix below..... These glasses were wrapped in that dirty, nasty, filth covered, bubble wrap which literally hand sand particles in it. Then it was wrapped in the less filthy bubble wrap and stuffed into that Fiber One box which probably was pulled from the trash. All of this was then dumped into a medium flat rate box which appeared to have been used as a soccer ball. The seller had no remorse and claimed they were new. I would have filed a claim, but why bother. I had to completly disassemble the glasses and disinfect everything, just in case. Other the a few minor lens blemishes these are a great find!
img02031.jpg

What kind of crap packaging is that? Has this guy shipped anything before?

Appears that he has... But its ok.... He claims "That the glasses were new and to tell me he would have rather sold them locally for a lot more than what I got them for" He is a total embarassment as a seller and a person... He said in his auction he needed the money for new appliances, I hope he uses it on something that washes!!!!! I mean I take pride when I sell something and ship it.....

Appears that he has... But its ok.... He claims "That the glasses were new and to tell me he would have rather sold them locally for a lot more than what I got them for" He is a total embarassment as a seller and a person... He said in his auction he needed the money for new appliances, I hope he uses it on something that washes!!!!! I mean I take pride when I sell something and ship it.....
Exactly. That kind of packing is completely unacceptable.

How much did he charge? With that kind of packaging HE should've paid for shipping.

$10.00... I guess he is pissed cause it cost him more to ship then he expected because of the flat rate box. He seemed to be money hungry, based on his previous messages that I got a good deal and he needed the money. Sometimes I pity some people and look at the other side of the coin. I am sure he is embarrassed and is too proud to choke down some humble pie. Sometimes you let small stuff go waiste side and tackle the big stuff full on. Not for nothing, I could have opened up a dispute and got my $$$ back from Paypal.....

$10.00... I guess he is pissed cause it cost him more to ship then he expected because of the flat rate box. He seemed to be money hungry, based on his previous messages that I got a good deal and he needed the money. Sometimes I pity some people and look at the other side of the coin. I am sure he is embarrassed and is too proud to choke down some humble pie. Sometimes you let small stuff go waiste side and tackle the big stuff full on. Not for nothing, I could have opened up a dispute and got my $$$ back from Paypal.....
As long as you're happy with the end result then all is fine. It is a kick ass frame, one that is on my list of wants. Is it the X-Metal X Squared?

As long as you're happy with the end result then all is fine. It is a kick ass frame, one that is on my list of wants. Is it the X-Metal X Squared?

Yes they are. Surprisingly when you wear them the deep purple hue realy shows up....

Back