• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Antix & Hijinx Icons?

TEKWRX

Oakley Beginner
Are the icons on the Antix & Hijinx removable? If so, how? I want to swap the icons from a pair of Antix and put on Hijinx. Any tips? I don't want to break anything

You are able to get them loose with a flat head screwdriver, use a small one and just slowly work them loose! There are a couple of experts on here that will tell you the exact process, but that is just the basic vibe of how to do it!

You need to be careful not to damage the frame if you use a screwdriver. I just used my finger nail (let it grow for a couple weeks so it was long enough to get under the icon LOL). I found it best to warm the frame up first around the icon areas as this makes the adhisive tacky & it was easier to then work the nail under the icons to lift them up. The only thing you have to be careful of is the the adhisive tape comes off with the icon otherwise you will have to clean the frame up before re-applying. If you cannot use the tape a second time then i use a product called jtape, see attached thread. This is far better than double sided tape.

http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-sunglasses-discussion/3360-refitting-oakley-icons-back.html

Time is the key thing, do not rush it.

Thanks for the tips. I was able to get the icons off the Hijinx with my fingernail no problem. The Antix however, are not budging. I think I might just paint the icons though instead of swapping so it's no big deal.

Thanks for the tips. I was able to get the icons off the Hijinx with my fingernail no problem. The Antix however, are not budging. I think I might just paint the icons though instead of swapping so it's no big deal.

Give it another go as they will come loose eventually but you might have to give them a bit extra effort to move them. I had to with the white ones i removed from my hijinx when i removed them before sending the off for a mod to be done on them. Once you get your nail under the icon work it around it so it starts to lift up & then slowly lever it up as you work round it more & more & before you know it the icon will come off. I wouldn't paint them without removing them first.

Where can you get icons for hijinx or antix? I have a old pair of hijinx and it needs new lenses and 1 icon that fell off

Latest Posts

Back