• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Antix Icon

Yeah, opinion... I have the clear frames. What looks better, chrome or black icon? I can't decided. Ha ha.

I had clear frames previously and lost them in the water. They had silver icons. I bought these - used once - with purple icons. To be honest, they're not horrible, but I can't decide. I bought chrome again, but can't help how sinister I think black would look on the clear frames. I guess that's the beauty of it all, I can keep playing around until I find what I like.

I hate that Antix (specifically clear) are getting hard to find. They are perfect for my face. I wanted to love the Offshoot, but they are slightly long, top to bottom in the front.

Depends on the lens colour.
Black Iridium might suit the black icon.
But then the chrome icon just pops on a clear frame, so I'd personally just stick with that. And go Chrome Iridium on the lens too.

A couple notes, as I just did the Batwolf to Antix swap:

- When removing the plastic from the Batwolf icon, do it slowly. There's glue holding it in place, so try letting it soak in warm water for a couple minutes to loosen the glue.

- Use a small wedge type tool to pry under the plastic initially, then once it starts coming up you can probably get your fingernail under and pull it up, but again, do it slowly.

- The icon itself is metal, and without the plastic inside, can bend easily, especially as you pull the plastic away from it.

- When re-applying the Batwolf icon to the Antix, you'll notice the Batwolf icon is basically a "shell", meaning there's no filler. Makes it a little harder to attach. I ended up finding some of the 3M type adhesive foam that would go on a stick on door hook or something, and fill the Batwolf icon "cavity" with it to make it secure better.

Yeah, opinion... I have the clear frames. What looks better, chrome or black icon? I can't decided. Ha ha.

I had clear frames previously and lost them in the water. They had silver icons. I bought these - used once - with purple icons. To be honest, they're not horrible, but I can't decide. I bought chrome again, but can't help how sinister I think black would look on the clear frames. I guess that's the beauty of it all, I can keep playing around until I find what I like.

I hate that Antix (specifically clear) are getting hard to find. They are perfect for my face. I wanted to love the Offshoot, but they are slightly long, top to bottom in the front.
I'd go with one of the cool designs specific to Batwolf. Not sure where you are, but you could try the American flag icon. Or maybe the fade or even the plaid.

Latest Posts

Back