• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Cali Guys Want A Killer Deal?

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
Killer deal for someone, I bet Fear is on his way!!!

Was in Vegas checking out Motley Crue... Did I miss out or is Suby gonna hook a brother up with one? :)

PLEASE tell me you got him to include the vaults in the deal!?!?!

Some people reacted to this post.
Sub

What did I tell you? This guy has issues and is now raising prices on you like he ****ed me over.

Typical Craigslist seller......use it for exposure then turn it into an auction.......

THIS is why I really prefer not to deal with Craigslist. There is no policing and nothing to keep people honest; I've been on eBay for over 10 years now and that is bad enough at times even with all the safeguards. This is ignoring the other issue with Craigslist which is safety...not a week doesn't go by here that you don't hear about another case of someone robbing a potential buyer through a fake posting-I'd probably concealed carry my .40 (not that I don't already most of the time) if I ever went to meet someone, simply too dangerous these days.

If you go up there check them out, if they look good and legit, lay out the original amount in cash on the table, tell him he has 10 seconds to make up his mind, if he doesnt take it.... walk.

That's a pretty long drive to do something like that though (its like 5 hours round trip...and that's non-stop and breaking traffic laws the whole way)- I know, I commuted the exact for a month when I shuttered my company's office up there.

I have looked over CL on several occasions. Most sellers can be felt out over the phone. You can listen for key words if they have had other calls about them. I spoke to a seller once and he said "I have had alot of calls about this item but no one has showed up yet to pay" I told him I wish you the best hopefully one of those people will finally stop by. I knew he was playing the "I am going to up the price because of the inquires I have had game" especially when he told me one guy offered more if he would hold it until his pay day. I would have went that afternoon to get it, but his idea of making $100 bucks more to wait 3 days was on his mind, and I could here the tension in his voice.

I would say walk away!!

I try to never meet at my house or theirs when dealing on CL, meet in a public open space.

Username Hidden said:
I try to never meet at my house or theirs when dealing on CL, meet in a public open space.

+1, I always do a public meet up whenever I buy something on CL, you never know whos gonna jump you when you meet at a private location, specially that person knows your carrying cash with you.

Back