• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Crazy Stories?

reggavegga

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Cincinnati, Ohio
About losing a pair of Oakleys and then getting them back. I have two but not too crazy stories about losing them and getting them back. Both stories involve water and I got them back pretty quickly. Both stories from a long time ago. I had a pair fall off in about 5 1/2 foot of water near a boat dock so felt around with my feet until I found them. The other story is a little more exciting. I was sitting on the back of a boat facing everybody and had some M frames on top of my head, 2 buddies ran and shoulder tackled me into the water. I came back up forgetting about shades on my head. As I came back up The 2 buddies dove in the water,then I realized my Oaks were gone. One of my buddies came up out of water with my Oaks in his hand . He had grabbed them as they were sinking to bottom of lake. He said they were sinking fast. But I got them back.

During a bicycle race, it started raining, so I threw my oakleys into the crowd. Someone gave them to me after the race.

I lost a pair of M Frames on the ranch around 2003. This year I found them - first the lens, then the frame, then one arm. After a decade of cows stepping on them, the finish was worn off and the lenses were unwearable. The arm snapped in and the frame still holds lenses, so I'm looking for that other arm....

A buddy of mine lost a pair at the lake. Got a friend of his that dives quite a bit to go in the next day and eventually found them. I believe they were aprox 25' down.

I lost a pair of XX Twenties FMJ/Ice back in '98.... They were my favorite pair!
Also the only pair I've ever lost!

I was skateboarding at a local school and took them off... We left after a while and I realized I forgot them.
When I got back they were gone... :(

Fast forward to '12... I started collecting and was looking for a pair.
I had been looking here, eBay, Craigslist... Etc
Every pair I found was over $200 or in really poor condition...

I ended up finding a listing on eBay for an Oakley X-Metal stand that had a pair of XX Twenty in FMJ/Fire on display...
I sent him an email asking if the display glasses were for sale and he responded that he had two pairs...
FMJ/Fire and FMJ/Ice.... And for a steal too!

Needless to say... I jumped on the deal!

They now sit in my case... :)

utf-8BSU1BRzEwMTUuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzEwMTYuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzEwMTcuanBn.jpg

Latest Posts

Back