• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Electricians Out There?

That is very interesting and I would agree with OakleyBoss in that it looks like a custom wire job just looking at that fixture and I probably wouldn't hook it up in my house considering "code". I would just be careful with that. But I'm no expert when it comes to residential wiring standards and so-fourth. That just looks strange.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

You are correct, but it is the style light they use on the cases in the store.
Yes it is Because Oakley Is famous for going Big and their theme at the time was Hazardous theme And so they looked for a Unique light fixture and found an Explosion proof Fixture for Hazardous areas that matched their theme I know

Yes it is Because Oakley Is famous for going Big and their theme at the time was Hazardous theme And so they looked for a Unique light fixture and found an Explosion proof Fixture for Hazardous areas that matched their theme I know

So, I'm assuming one could just cut the end off of a 3 prong extension cord and wire it to the fixture and plug it right in?

So, I'm assuming one could just cut the end off of a 3 prong extension cord and wire it to the fixture and plug it right in?

Yea not safe but U can do that. Also hopefully the fixture is in working condition nothing wrong with it

Give it a shot I am Rich and have someone standing by the circuit breaker panel ready to kill the power just in case.

Is there a pre cut hole up top? Take some detail photo's of the hole and mounting on top. In all honesty it's Not an oakley fixture so it's a custom thing and knowing the fixture it won't hook the right way it's gonna be a custom wiring thing not code at all

The top is a hole to insert wires to connect to the screws in the photo. I don't know if I made sense. I will post more pics in a bit.

Back