• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Electricians Out There?

The top is a hole to insert wires to connect to the screws in the photo. I don't know if I made sense. I will post more pics in a bit.
No I got it bro couldn't see it in the pic earlier working outside But Yea Easiest way to do it is a 3 prong Cord cut the Female end off the exposé the wires and Black or hot wire to the Brass color screw and White or Neutral Wire to the silver color screw and U can look for a ground screw didn't see one in the pic but it might be there

No I got it bro couldn't see it in the pic earlier working outside But Yea Easiest way to do it is a 3 prong Cord cut the Female end off the exposé the wires and Black or hot wire to the Brass color screw and White or Neutral Wire to the silver color screw and U can look for a ground screw didn't see one in the pic but it might be there

Cool thanks.

Haha, what the hell is that? I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like that either. What type of case do you have? Are there already holes cut out for light fixtures or will you be doing that yourself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Already has the hole for it. Came with it when I bought the case. :)

Reviving the dead!

Didn't realize you had the motion sensor idea originally over a year ago...

Since we were txting about this I know it's still an open item for you. I am not an electrician but I have dabbled in both AC & DC wiring and replaced a number of light fixtures.

Not a lot of info here but I can say this much...

What we know:
- This is a fixture designed to be hard-wired to the electrical supply using copper solid core wiring.

What we're assuming:
- It's 120V (a pretty safe assumption)

That said, I second OakleyBoss84's suggestion for something quick and easy. Get a three-prong extension cord (like the orange kind) and cut off the female end. Black "hot" wire to the gold/brass screw and white "neutral" wire to the silver screw. It'll still work if you get them backwards but it's safer when done correctly; I can elaborate why if you really want to know. I doubt you'll find a connector for the green "ground" wire and it's just an extra safety precaution, not required to make it work.

At my old house, the previous owners had wired a motion sensor dual-flood light above the garage with an extension cord the same way and it worked fine the 10 years I was there. The only thing a home inspector said about it was the cord should be in a conduit to be code (part was exposed to the outside and part was run through the attic).

Alternatively, if you've got this case near to a ceiling fixture you'd like to retask, you could splice some copper solid core extensions from the junction box and run them through some flexible conduit to hard wire the light.

Either way, don't overtighten - that torque warning is to prevent the housing (likely ceramic) from breaking.

Back