• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Fix For Crooked Juliet Earstems?

jiveSEVEN

I Should Work at Oakley...
Denver, CO
I recently tried on some of my juliets and noticed that a few of them sit crooked on my face. It actually looks really dumb since one orbital is higher than the other. I think it may be the earstems being a little crooked. If I lay them on a table, one earstem sits higher than the other, while one touches the table. Is there any fix for this?

Don't know how this will work on the X-Metal's, but one of my ears is just a tad bit shorter than the other, so the shades normally sit a tiny bit lopsided. To fix this, I usually just twist the frame by the arms, altering their position. This is probably a very poor way to do so, but it works for me lol.

Don't know how this will work on the X-Metal's, but one of my ears is just a tad bit shorter than the other, so the shades normally sit a tiny bit lopsided. To fix this, I usually just twist the frame by the arms, altering their position. This is probably a very poor way to do so, but it works for me lol.

Thanks for the suggestion but if I did that it would probably loosen the flex coupler a little bit. My OCD is pretty bad though and I really hate this lol.

Brip has commented on this a few times and I beleive it ends up being the holes in the orbital are drilled at a slight angle not perfectly straight keeping the one are slightly higher. On some frames as much as a half inch. I thik he disassembles the arms and cleans up the hole so it is straight and reassembles them but I am not 100% sure on this as I have never tried it.

Brip has commented on this a few times and I beleive it ends up being the holes in the orbital are drilled at a slight angle not perfectly straight keeping the one are slightly higher. On some frames as much as a half inch. I thik he disassembles the arms and cleans up the hole so it is straight and reassembles them but I am not 100% sure on this as I have never tried it.

ahh cool, I talk to him quite a bit so we'll see what he says..

Thanks for the suggestion but if I did that it would probably loosen the flex coupler a little bit. My OCD is pretty bad though and I really hate this lol.

I completely forgot about the Flex Couplers. Yeah, that would probably mess with them. Works really well on the O Matter frames though :smile:. Best of luck!

Technically the point of the coupler is so that it could flex and position itself for asymmetrical situations. Flexing them to fit shouldn't affect the tightness that much. The flex couplers are built to take an absolute beating.