• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Golfers? G20 Or +Red?

yanki01

Oakley Beginner
I’ve played wearing my Flak Jackets about 4-5 times in the past 2 months of owning them. All but the most recent was overcast or medium light so the G30 lens worked perfect. Great contrast and brightened everything up and was able to see the ball very well. I played last weekend and it was very bright out, no cloud cover and mid-day sun. I put the +Red Iridium lens on as my second pair of lens for bright golf days. I didn’t like them much, it was very dark which I knew it would be compared to the G30 and I couldn’t see the ball flight well. I’m thinking about returning them and getting the G20 black iridium. Both the G20 and +Red have 15% light transmission but the G20 is a rose based and as like the G30, brighten everything up for me. On one of the times I wore the G30 the clouds opened up for a few holes and it wasn’t that bad in bright sun but I think G20 will help block out more than the G30.
Does anyone have both the G20 and G30 or all 3 of them? What do you like on the course? I don’t know if I’ll be using the +Red on the course after last time and wanted your opinion on having both the G20 and G30 as my medium light & bright light days. Thanks!

I may just return them anyways and play with the G30's in all conditions. I only have a sunglass hut in my area and they never have all options. Only a few choices.

Tungsten is another great lens at 15%. It's a brown lens, but well-adored.

VR28 Black Iridium is another fine choice, at 18%. I'm personally a big fan of the VR28 line. VR28 itself is a good competitor to G30. It's not as golf-specific, but it's a non-iridium lens with a lower transmission so it behaves a little differently than G30 (which is an iridium lens), but the VR28 contrast is targeted more at the red side, where G30 helps with greens.

Another common golf choice is Gold, a bit darker at 12%.

It's mostly going to come down to how you like the tint, how sensitive your eyes are, how your specific cones are setup for color perception, etc.

G30 is the golf lens specifically, OO Red Polar would be a great option, G40 Black, or VR28 Blk Polar as Rustpot mentioned...I love the VR as well. Quite underrated imho

I would go for G20 and G30 all the way! I love G20, but it seems like they're so hard to come by. They are like G30, in that they will pop out all the greens and provide amazing contrast, but they're just a bit darker.
I love +Red too, but for golf, I would stick to the G or V series lenses.

Back