• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any help is appreciated!

STLOAK

Oakley Beginner
Picked up a single and double wide 3.1 mega towers recently ($350 total on CL in my area!)
photo5.jpg
and would like to change all the lights in it to LED. Currently the top lights are covered by a milky white plastic. I would like to remove this with an OEM metal cover with the holes already cut out for MR16 LED bulbs. Does anyone here have an extras to sell for the single and double? Really trying to keep it OEM before I resort to having sheet metal cut.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Let me get this straight. I want to make sure I understand.

You actually want to convert these towers from the white plexi on top to the four bulbs on top?

That means you would convert them from 3.1 towers to 3.0 towers.

Personally I like those towers as 3.1.

Let me get this straight. I want to make sure I understand.

You actually want to convert these towers from the white plexi on top to the four bulbs on top?

That means you would convert them from 3.1 towers to 3.0 towers.

Personally I like those towers as 3.1.
Yes I would like to change them over to make them 3.0 towers.

Yes I would like to change them over to make them 3.0 towers.
Ok. The tops of those towers are removable.

Maybe. Maybe. Maybe you can find someone who has 3.0 towers who would rather have them as 3.1 so you can swap tops.

If not. You're cutting sheet metal.

Also you have to remove all the stuff up there and put on the proper stuff to power the 4 bulbs.

I think a better alternative could be to run led strips along the top inside the white plexi and give it a nice uniform bright white glow.

I've seen cases where the all the stuff in the top and bottom of the 3.1 have been removed and converted to all led and at the same time preserving the 3.1 look

Ok. The tops of those towers are removable.

Maybe. Maybe. Maybe you can find someone who has 3.0 towers who would rather have them as 3.1 so you can swap tops.

If not. You're cutting sheet metal.

Also you have to remove all the stuff up there and put on the proper stuff to power the 4 bulbs.

I think a better alternative could be to run led strips along the top inside the white plexi and give it a nice uniform bright white glow.

I've seen cases where the all the stuff in the top and bottom of the 3.1 have been removed and converted to all led and at the same time preserving the 3.1 look
Yea I realize i have to change out all the junk up top and I plan on doing so. Any idea what gauge sheet metal and the size of the cut outs would be?

Yea I realize i have to change out all the junk up top and I plan on doing so. Any idea what gauge sheet metal and the size of the cut outs would be?
That I have no clue.

Someone else is going to have to chime in on that info for you.

Latest Posts

Back