• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Info On The Current State Of X-metal?

kaanan

Oakley Beginner
Any info on the current state of x-metal? And what comes next?

I've recently read that Oakley discontinued the line. When I heard the news, my stomach twisted.

If I had the $$$ I'd run out and buy a pair of XS.

I've done all the reading I can, and haven't found out what Oakley has up their sleeves after x-metal. Anybody have any more info? I see they are expanding carbon fiber in their frames, both prescription and sunglasses.

I sure hope it's right.

Some say the new x metal won't be a titanium alloy anymore, any truth to that?

I recently called in Oakley customer service to ask for a tune up and I ask them what happened to the x metal line and why are they stopping the production. They said that the Nevada plant has been shut down and they were relocating somewhere and they will be back with new X Metal line. And he said as of now just hold on to your stuff because no one really knows if they were going to re-release some of the line or make a new design.

The plant was in Nevada. Many of the newer Oakley employees know very little about the X metal line and its all just rumors. X Metals are gone but not forgotten. They had a great life, may they RIP on the shelves and nose's of those that have them.

Not much affects me emotionally, but this hurts. The x metal line was a big part of the formative years of my life. Sad really.

This would be another nail in the coffin for me, with Oakley post Jim.

How much longer do you think Oakley will be selling the SX on their website?

Latest Posts

Back