• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Input on Oakley's iPad Cases?

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
I have an iPad 4, I think I'd like an Oakley case for it.

I have 3 options;

O Matter Case
BAh7CWkKIgwzNjh4NTI3aQtsKwdm9IBRaQdpC2kIaQOBkAM.jpg?class=zoomer-img-main+OneLinkNoTx&mpdistrans=alt

B1B Case
BAh7CWkKIgwzNjh4NTI3aQtsKwfFDHBRaQdpC2kIaQP6hAM.jpg?class=zoomer-img-main+OneLinkNoTx&mpdistrans=alt

Cylinder Block Case
BAh7CWkKIgwzNjh4NTI3aQtsKwcR-oBRaQdpC2kIaQOfkAM.jpg?class=zoomer-img-main+OneLinkNoTx&mpdistrans=alt

Does anyone own these that can provide some input. Likes, dislikes, compatibility with the SmartCover (they're all compatible, but to what degree).

I only wish the B1B came in colors of the grey area with the black main body.

I don't own one, but would advise agains the O Matter model. The cut outs on the back allow dirt to get in and scuff the back. Happened on my iphone. I like the looks of the b1b. Seems like it has grip and good protection.

I have the Cylinder Block case and really like it. Picked it up for $21 on 6PM.com in the beginning of December. It is pretty sleek so it doesn't add a lot of bulk and is comfortable to hold. I don't use a Smart Cover so I can't give you any feedback there.

The reason I made the thread is that I called my local Vault and asked which versions they had. The guy said they only had the O Matter.

I decided to stop by today, I was passing by. They had all 3. The B1B does not pass through, so no crud getting to the back of the pad. It was considerably grippier than the Cylinder Block, and it just looked better in person.

So yeah, question answered, and my wallet is close to $60 lighter. Blah.

On the upside, I didn't think I was THAT well known at the Vault, but the guy who helped me showed me what was new since I was there last. Slightly creepy, slightly impressed.

The cylinder block center piece is removable, kinda cool the ideas you could do with that. I have that one and the hazard....

I too have the cylinder block case. It looks better too me, easier to clean and doesn't reduce the wifi reception, the phone version of the case did which I returned. I have it for house use or simple viewing for the last 15 months with no issue. I use a Zagg Profolio+ when traveling and lots of keyboard use or full cover protection is warranted.

I have the B1B and I love it. The B1B grip allows me to hold on to it really well while I'm out in the field (I'm a PE Teacher). My kids have also dropped it from around 3 feet with no damage to the iPad or case.

I have all three but use the Cylinder the most. Only because it has that carbon fiber look. All three fit nice and logo great.

I have the o matter and have had it on my ipad for the better part of a year and a half. works great with the smart cover. Overall I am really happy with it.

Back