• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any internal reflection on ruby?

Lwayne

Oakley Beginner
I have tried violet and fire iridium and sometimes can see the reflection of my own eyes when looking through the lens.
No problem with black iridium.

Just wondering anyone has experience on lifestyle (non wrap around) with the ruby iridium?

Appreciate if can share your model with ruby and any reflection noticed?

Thank you.

I have tried violet and fire iridium and sometimes can see the reflection of my own eyes when looking through the lens.
No problem with black iridium.

Just wondering anyone has experience on lifestyle (non wrap around) with the ruby iridium?

Appreciate if can share your model with ruby and any reflection noticed?

Thank you.
For myself:

Frogskin LX no

Madman yes

From my experience in certain condition all lenses will do this. I've noticed it with my whiskers before. I've had it in my rubies in multiple pair to. It depends on how close the lens sit's to your face and the direct light.

Totally agree that it's more on lifestyle frame. But some tint tends to give more reflection, that's how I find it.

I have tested on the same model, black and positive red is ok, but not violet.

Now I am interested to check out ruby but shop nearby does not have 1

Never seen it with wrapping frames, but with flat lens and backlight sometimes yes.

Also with AR coating on the inside (non oakley lens)

I've gotten reflections in that a sharp light source, say a light bulb, will have 3 reflections when looking through the lens.

Back