• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

any large frames planned for 2016?

It seems Oakley has been churning out smaller framed glasses of late. Does anyone know if there are any LARGE frames in the works? I'm talking about Dispatch 1, Eyepatch 1 sizes and up.
There will be newer turbines called Turbine rotors that will include a shield lens. Also Sliver XL's.

The Turbine is considered big? JFC. it barely fits me-and my face/is fairly lean. I do consider the Turbine/Rotor to be an updated Antix/Batwolf and good "larger" frame although it feels like truck stop glasses in hand

I think some folks mention the Turbine as it is one of the looser fitting frames in the current range, but yeah it's not actually that wide fitting. Tall LENSES, sure. But not a wide FRAME for larger heads.

You only have to step back a few years to find much larger frames such as the Hijinx, Antix, Batwolf, Eyepatch 1 and 2, and Dispatch 1 and 2.

There. I've repeated myself in another 'large head' thread. Yay.

And to address the OP's question, there's nothing in the current range that touches the size of the frames to which you refer except maybe the Badman.

If you can pull off a shield lens, then the EV Zero should be a comfortable fit.

And to address the OP's question, there's nothing in the current range that touches the size of the frames to which you refer except maybe the Badman.

If you can pull off a shield lens, then the EV Zero should be a comfortable fit.

It's funny you say something about pulling off a shield lens because I never thought I could but then I scored some near mint antix for cheap on eBay and I love the way they look on me. And I just bought some hijinx a few minutes ago and I'm eager to see the difference wearing them vs the antix

The fit between the Antix and Hijinx is very similar, as you would expect. The shield lens of the Antix provides just a little extra flexibility so generally is VERY slightly easier fitting.

Having said that, there are also slight tolerance differences between examples of the same frame. Within all my Hijinx collection, I can point to examples of slightly tighter and looser fits.

The fit between the Antix and Hijinx is very similar, as you would expect. The shield lens of the Antix provides just a little extra flexibility so generally is VERY slightly easier fitting.

Having said that, there are also slight tolerance differences between examples of the same frame. Within all my Hijinx collection, I can point to examples of slightly tighter and looser fits.

That's pretty crazy that frames are different across the collection. Is the difference usually evident between two different colors of frames or is there no rhyme or reason?

Back