• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Missing Metals?

Bro, in o-review this is the total number of each of the metals...

half x - 7
Juliet - 44
Mars - 7
Penny - 6
Romeo - 3
Romeo 2 - 5
XX - 6
X- squared - 9

so are the others listed in o-review considered as non-production items? that would make a total 87 pairs!!! and it would be a long long way to complete this list! lol... and is the Jordan Romeo not counted as a separate pair with a different SKU?

The quantity of different colourways for each of the 8 models I quoted is correct, I have not included unreleased items in that list, or the plethora of various versions of some of the frame and lens combinations which would include alternative generations and reissues of the same glass. For example, to have all the Romeo II you would need 5 pairs, yet 4 of those were later reissued with a different sku and had a different box but were the same frame/lens combinations as the originals. Whilst there is nothing to stop someone considering that there are therefore 9 Romeo II, and electing to collect them all, a person who has one of each of the 5 releases in any official issue configuration would have a set of all the different colourways. By spreading this analogy across all 8 models leaves a total of 70 frame/lens official issue combinations. Personally I have 67 of the 70, but do not consider that I need every conceivable version of every colour to complete the collection, and even by doing that, you could then take into account different box labels per version, (text & the various colour/graphic labels), plus the different box types during the '09 changeover (eg, some pairs of Half X came in two different boxes). Further, there is no evidence that Mars 04-108 and 04-109 were ever produced (and if anyone shows a red socks photo, you need to prove it is not a customized 04-103 or 04-105, and the only way to do so would be via the label), and so far I have not seen any confirmation that Penny 04-133 exists. The initial Romeo 04-100 was the Jordan pair with the 4 figure serial and red rubbers, which retained the same sku and colourway after the first batch, it is just that the earlier versions of this part code attract the most collectable interest.

Ok jumping off topic now I think I am allowed since I started post. How many magnesium's are there. I know of 3 maybe 4. Mag M frame, Mag four and Mag 4s, and the Mag Switch.

Ok jumping off topic now I think I am allowed since I started post. How many magnesium's are there. I know of 3 maybe 4. Mag M frame, Mag four and Mag 4s, and the Mag Switch.

In terms of normal production releases the following are the number of different glasses for each model:

Mag Four - 3
Mag Four S - 3
Mag Switch - 3
Mag M Frame - Sku codes run from 09-215 to 09-230
Mag M Frame - 12-632 Ana Guevara

Back