• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any New Ideas?

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
Hey all, been super busy lately, but as things wind down now I am once again looking to see how everyone is doing. Every once in a while, I like to check-in and see what members are looking for on the forum. Any new ideas, features,etc.?

Obviously some ideas are just not possible, or will take a very long time to implement, but we are always looking to see what members want. After all, this is your community!

Once idea I have thought of in the past but never implemented:
Blogs-Allow members to have their own "blogs" under oakleyforum.com and write their own blog posts. Sometimes members want to tell a story or write a guide, but not necessarily make a forum post. Fully integrated with the forum, and allow comments etc.

But I would love to see what ideas you all have? Always trying to make the site better.

A blog could be fun. Maybe have one central blog and have members submit ideas for a post, and select one a week to write a little something.

Yeah that was the thing I always bounced back and forth on. Whether it would be better to have one blog, and pick and choose posts, or just let members have their own and write whatever they want.

P.S Just released a "Similar Threads" widget. Been meaning to do it for a while. You'll see it under quick reply; essentially it finds related threads to the topic you are reading about. What do you guys think?

Also added a small tweak. Now when you post a link, it won't show the URL, and will instead grab the title from the page. IMO makes it much easier to know what you're clicking on.

Ever think of giving a free trial for premium memberships? I eventually pulled the trigger, but I think a trial would be nice for members, even if they never purchase. Just saying.

What about bring clubs back? Like we had before the upgrades.

Nice ideas, I completely forgot about them. I will look into bringing them back, and maybe even having it so you can have threads/conversations inside groups. But it will take some time.

Ever think of giving a free trial for premium memberships? I eventually pulled the trigger, but I think a trial would be nice for members, even if they never purchase. Just saying.

Never really crossed my mind. Premium memberships were the result of members asking for them, but the idea of a free trial seems cool. That way members can at least try it. Shouldn't be that hard, I'll look into it.

A FAQ sticky thread? Where / every thread has different topics, like difference of polarized vs. non polarized? How to do threads basically a consolidated thread of questions.Just a suggestion if not you can me shut my idea down lol.

Last edited:
"Yeah that was the thing I always bounced back and forth on. Whether it would be better to have one blog, and pick and choose posts, or just let members have their own and write whatever they want."

If you pick and choose what goes in the blog section, imo, it will give it an exclusive feel that may put folk off.

A blog section would be a huge asset to the site. I envisage members blogging their sporting adventures/activities!?

On a lot of forums, at the bottom of threads, it shows who is viewing the thread. It really brings the forum to life because you can see what folk are doing at any time. It gives it a live feel! :)

Latest Posts

Back