• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any New Ideas?

Somebody may have already suggested this but how about some sort giveaway/prize for premium members once/twice a year nothing crazy but small voucher like a online voucher or some sort of a token of appreciation if membership cost $50 maybe the chance of winning for example One years free membership or a gift card for Oakley . I'd sign up and pay up & i suspect a lot of others would too ..

Edit - OO's brain took a vacation for Labor Day, lol. Disregard.

I think it would be useful to have a strikethrough feature. The usual html on other boards is strike text. In exchange threads, the seller could strike out the price when the item is sold, yet the sale price would still be readable for people looking at old threads trying to find the value of items.

Edit - OO's brain took a vacation for Labor Day, lol. Disregard.

I think it would be useful to have a strikethrough feature. The usual html on other boards is strike text. In exchange threads, the seller could strike out the price when the item is sold, yet the sale price would still be readable for people looking at old threads trying to find the value of items.
Seems it works.

And it would require people to NOT DELETE THE DAMN SALES PRICE when the item sells.

If you click the button to the left of the save icon in the reply box, it displays a drop-down menu with the last option being "Strike-Through"

I know the for sale areas are hidden for the first few weeks but what about an area that is completely hidden to guests from even seeing/clicking on threads but where members can see the posts. This could be used for member's to post craigslist/local deals that they may not be interested in but other forum members might be. It would be hidden to any outsiders so they could not snatch up the product due to finding the post on here.

For reference this thread gave me the idea:

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/displaycase.36280/#post-406107

I know the for sale areas are hidden for the first few weeks but what about an area that is completely hidden to guests from even seeing/clicking on threads but where members can see the posts. This could be used for member's to post craigslist/local deals that they may not be interested in but other forum members might be. It would be hidden to any outsiders so they could not snatch up the product due to finding the post on here.

For reference this thread gave me the idea:

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/displaycase.36280/#post-406107

That is nice sentiment, but it still could sour another forum member's deal which seems to be one of the biggest issues. There are also many people of the opinion that you should search out your own deals and not put in the work for others who are not willing to put in the time...

I don't want to sound like I am arguing with your suggestion. People seem pretty divided when the "CL dilemma" comes up. I am just reiterating some of the points that have been brought up time and time again here in the forum...

That is nice sentiment, but it still could sour another forum member's deal which seems to be one of the biggest issues. There are also many people of the opinion that you should search out your own deals and not put in the work for others who are not willing to put in the time...

I don't want to sound like I am arguing with your suggestion. People seem pretty divided when the "CL dilemma" comes up. I am just reiterating some of the points that have been brought up time and time again here in the forum...

Doesn't sound argumentative at all just a different view on it. I've seen alot of members say they want to give members a chance to purchase things before going to ebay/etc and I see it as that side of the fence. There are some folks who may not want to even deal with craigslist as it's much more hit/miss than trustworthy sellers on here and even Ebay. I would say even half of the ad's I reply to they are scams or people don't even reply back.

Back