• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any New Ideas?

Doesn't sound argumentative at all just a different view on it. I've seen alot of members say they want to give members a chance to purchase things before going to ebay/etc and I see it as that side of the fence. There are some folks who may not want to even deal with craigslist as it's much more hit/miss than trustworthy sellers on here and even Ebay. I would say even half of the ad's I reply to they are scams or people don't even reply back.

Yeah, I don't have much CL luck personally, but many people seem to. I would suggest for people who want to help each other out with CL/local deals to post up a thread and find out who is in your area. That way when you find something, you can PM each other and keep each other informed. I've seen where many people have done similar things. There are even several people in different parts of the country that are willing to help others out if you find something in their area. No way for it to cause problems when it is handled privately rather than in the open forum...

Yeah, I don't have much CL luck personally, but many people seem to. I would suggest for people who want to help each other out with CL/local deals to post up a thread and find out who is in your area. That way when you find something, you can PM each other and keep each other informed. I've seen where many people have done similar things. There are even several people in different parts of the country that are willing to help others out if you find something in their area. No way for it to cause problems when it is handled privately rather than in the open forum...

Definitely. I sent a PM to a member here a few hours ago about a pair in their area although they turned out not quite what either of us were hoping for. So perhaps a regional hidden forum would work better?

Definitely. I sent a PM to a member here a few hours ago about a pair in their area although they turned out not quite what either of us were hoping for. So perhaps a regional hidden forum would work better?

Perhaps. I don't know the ins and outs of how it would be possible to create regional forums and limit which members have access to which regions. I can also see where issues could still arise where members who are friends with members in different regions could share info with each other and create similar problems. There would definitely be details to iron out. I do like the idea of somehow enhancing local networking and putting people in different regions more easily in touch with each other...

Ive noticed a lot of talk about lenses lately wether it be OEM or aftermarket. How about a lens section possibly with stickies by IH,XMM and/or Dr.Chop?

Pardon my a.d.d. how about a section about a section for people whom provide services on this forum like Machinehead,andXman?

Back