• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any News On Upcoming Frogskins Releases?

Why do you want to see them phased out? If you don't like them that's fine but, as sales prove, there are plenty of people that do like them, if there wasn't then they wouldn't be making them.

Your position as it stands doesn't make sense to me, it's quite contradictory. You don't think the original Oakley would have produced them, but they did in the 80's. You don't think Jim would cash in but then say he did. You want them phased out but then brought back, the exact thing that happened in 2007 already. I'm confused.

How I see it - Buy Frogs if you like them, not as an investment or a way stash your cash. One of these days Blends will be re-released at double retail deeming the old Blends(Priced on ebay @ $2k) almost worthless.

Im the first to admit, I like Frogs and have done so since working for Oakley in their warehouse many years ago. I was lucky enough to still be apart of O when they re-released and see the masses start enjoying them too. If you think about it, not many styles of O-Sunnies that are currently available, are as iconic.

I only buy the pairs I like, and wear all I have. Im always amped to see the new releases and sometimes lucky enough to grab afew not many see.

p.s - I like Frogs, but Im no Jono!

There are some Infinite Hero Froggies on the horizon. 10/1 release date. Not quite sure what these are, but here are some descriptions
Aspen green/emerald
Basin red/pink
Pikes gold/fire
Mesa orange/Fire
Artisan blue/blue iridium

There are some Infinite Hero Froggies on the horizon. 10/1 release date. Not quite sure what these are, but here are some descriptions
Aspen green/emerald
Basin red/pink
Pikes gold/fire
Mesa orange/Fire
Artisan blue/blue iridium

those are the Summit Series Frogs. =)

i love my frogs, have a bunch, wear a bunch, but i might be the first to say it is a hell of a way to make money. i'v moved pairs on ebay for twice what i paid many times, and i make a lot of money doing so. But i still keep my personal collection. So i guess they really are a way to "stash your cash" if you are the entrepreneurial type like me.

i love my frogs, have a bunch, wear a bunch, but i might be the first to say it is a hell of a way to make money. i'v moved pairs on ebay for twice what i paid many times, and i make a lot of money doing so. But i still keep my personal collection. So i guess they really are a way to "stash your cash" if you are the entrepreneurial type like me.

Interesting comment....Personally I have always felt that many of the frogs(not all) were created with inflated values and with very limited creativity. Simple unique colorways are nice but for me it is still on Oakley's relatively cheapest platform.

I see that many people buy, sell, and trade the collectors market and do so making profits based on exclusivity alone.... Right on!....My personal opinion is that those upper tier prices for frogs will ultimately fall as commodities with real value become more entrusted in the future (just my opinion)

Oh, I also think Holbrook will move collectors into a updated model with higher quality and with more creative options that are inherent with that style. The infinite number of Frogs will fall a bit to the way side with a more exclusive collectors market but ya, some of us do not care for trends, or cost....we just want what we want and buy because that item speaks to us.

Either way, we pretty much all buy as collectors and sell if we feel that item could be traded for something better we want, so more power to ya...

Blacklight re-releases with polarized lenses have been confirmed....with a ship date of 01/01/2099 lol. Also some other "new" acid colors with polarized lenses have been confirmed.

BlackLlights:
1.) BlueOrange/Ice Polar
2.) PinkYellow/+Red Polar
3.) GreenBlack/Black Iridium Polar
4.) OrangePink/ Fire Polar

Acids:
1.) Acid Yellow/ Ice Polar
2.) Acid Blue/ +Red Polar
3.) Acid Pink/ Fire Polar

Aside from a couple of these, its a waste of some nice polarized lenses if you ask me

Back