1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. thatoakleyguy

thatoakleyguy Oakley Enthusiast

Just curious what you guys wear on duty. Mostly see Half/Flak Jackets out there, but wanted to get an idea what else works best as far as staying on without a lot of trouble.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Unobtanium of your friend ... Variable lenses are your friend ... Polarized isn't a must, but helps to see shapes behind heavily tinted (properly) windows ...

Half/Flak/Split 's are your friend ... M/Radars are also very good ...( But I don't like the style personally ...)

3. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

I believe that the best type of frames are ones that provide the best field of view without frame obstructions. The m frame, half jacket, half jacket 2.0, flak jacket, etc provide some of the best unobstructed views. When m frames where released it was one of the most worn LEO pairs out there. Also the ability to switch out lenses fast on these types of frames came in handy. Gargoyles were big back in the early 90's also because of the lens changing capability. IMO the the aforementioned frames are the best for critical public service workers.

Last edited: 9/2/13
  4. headpatrolman

headpatrolman O Addict

Halfs and Flaks of course. I also wear my new zero's quite a bit.