• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Pics Of Linegear Red Mirror Lenses In Ducati X-Squared?

Thanks for the pics!

That will help me make a decision... :cool:

If you are fine with the mediocre mirror, and are looking for a lighter lens tint, then by all means you want these lenses. Looking at their site, I would be inclined to try out the "Premium Red" lenses...they appear to have a much stronger mirror. Like I said, they really are a top quality lens, but for me, on a pair of sunglasses that is really all show, I want "show" lenses. These are not it.

I always thought that the Linegear Red Mirror was an aftermarket version of +Red not Ruby. That is sort of what it looks like in the pictures. They both have 18% light transmission. Is that what it looks like in person?

No, +Red looks alot better. It's also darker. I imagine it's because of the linegear's weak mirror, but Oakley's +Red at 18% is SIGNIFICANTLY darker than Linegear's Red Mirror at 18%.

It looks to me like Lingear's "Tanzanite" is the best comparison to Oakley's +Red.

Would it be possible that Linegear shipped you the wrong lens?

A Premium Red lens instead of the Red Mirror?

No, +Red looks alot better. It's also darker. I imagine it's because of the linegear's weak mirror, but Oakley's +Red at 18% is SIGNIFICANTLY darker than Linegear's Red Mirror at 18%.

It looks to me like Lingear's "Tanzanite" is the best comparison to Oakley's +Red.

the pennys{ i know you asked about Square metal} are lingear premium red...the right juliets are cut from pos red m frame lenses..the left juliets i dont know..i was told they were cut from m frame lenses..taken on an overcast day in U.K.
hoot011.jpg

the pennys{ i know you asked about Square metal} are lingear premium red...the right juliets are cut from pos red m frame lenses..the left juliets i dont know..i was told they were cut from m frame lenses..taken on an overcast day in U.K.
hoot011.jpg

Wow... Those are really close to +Red!
Looks like I found my lenses.... Thanks for the pic!

Makes me wonder if I could have a set cut from an existing OO Red Iridium lens. That would be killer I think.

I'd also like to see a "head on" pic of those frames. With the red mirror lenses, from the head on angle, there is almost NO mirror at all.

Back