1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. davem

davem Oakley Beginner

I'm hoping someone could post a few pics of the original light set up on a doublewide? Pics from the bottom & top would be great. I am thinking of using LED's, maybe ikea or wire up my own, but am also looking into maybe setting it up like some of them were made originally.
    Also, what lights ( watts/type ) would be very helpful.

I'll post some pics as it progresses.

Thanks

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

I think there was two versions, the sunburst cut out of the aluminum, and the version with incandescent bulbs and white plexi shield.

3. davem

davem Oakley Beginner

I'm thinking of doing something that is more like the one that has the aluminum cut out, I can get that made up, but not sure of what lighting to use and how it all looks on top.

4. davem

davem Oakley Beginner

Someone has to have a pic?

5. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

Ive got one but I forgot to take a pic.... in an old thread there is a pic of it laying in the bed of my truck and you can see the light from the bottom, not much, just the panel.

6. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

7. davem

davem Oakley Beginner

Thanks GRF
    Ahhh crap!! I only scrolled down enough to see your first post, then searched through all your threads and found it. Came back and saw the second one, lol
    These are halogen? Any idea of the wattage? I can get a piece of aluminum cut to match, the only concern I have is the heat they give off. That makes me want to go with led's, I have a few days off so I am going to look into this a bit more. I think Ikea has some INREDA led spotlights which may be cool on top, and then some strips down the front, vertically.