1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Wally Taylor

Wally Taylor Oakley Enthusiast

A guy from Singapore is interested in buying a pair of Oakley lenses that I have listed. I was wondering if there were any problems with giving your PayPal information (email) to someone in Asia other than South Korea or other allied Friendlies.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Well PayPal will cover anything fraud plus giving out your PayPal address doesn't give them access to take out anything or give any purtanent information except your name and address

3. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Just don't ship to Brazil and otherwise you should be fine.

4. Wally Taylor

Wally Taylor Oakley Enthusiast

That's funny. I had a guy telling me that if You put out Your name and address worldwide they could destroy You. I disagreed, and especially since it's a PO Box.. He was so insistant that I felt like kicking his butt. Some people are just borm dousches.

Nortika likes this.
  5. X-Metal Beast

X-Metal Beast Oakley Expert Premium Member

I've shipped 2 or 3 packages to Singapore in the past month or 2, and have had no problem

6. donkeanu

donkeanu Oakley Collector Premium Member

shipped 3 packages containing audio gears to Singapore this year via DHL, no problem encountered..

7. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

You should be fine.

Just like Kronin said giving out your Paypal info for them to pay you doesn't give them any power over you at all.

8. VolcanOG

VolcanOG Xs and Os Premium Member

Spoke to PayPal recently and asked if they suggest not dealing with certain places. The lady said they can't officially say not to deal with certain countries but did say the most issues they see come from Brazil and UAE. Two places I will not ship anymore.

Jmgarcia likes this.