• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Reason To Snap Up Juliets From The Oakley Store?

Ross

Oakley Beginner
Sunny Hawaii
Sorry if this question has been asked before...

I stopped by the local Oakley Store yesterday and I noticed that they still have some Juliets - mostly the "old standbys", like Plasma/Fire, X-Metal/Black and Carbon/Black. I'm wondering if it would be worth it to grab a pair while I still can. Maybe as an investment, maybe not as I will want to use them. In any case, I'm worried about the future availability of parts as it seems that Oakley stops supporting discontinued glasses relatively quickly.

Any reason to grab one or two at full retail?

True you wont be able to find them anymore at stores. But its going to be a long time before the standard juliets are worth anything.

I struggled with that today. Was at a Vault and they had polished/fire, plasma/ice, and carbon/black. I have polished/tungsten, TiO2/titanium, and plasma/emerald already so I didn't even really want the carbon frames, and besides pretty much having the ones I want already, it's really the availability thing that scares me. Lenses are already sparse on the website and wonder for how long they'll offer tune-ups.

I think if they were discounted I would've considered another polished or the carbon but not at full retail.

i think it'll still be quite a while before the regular juliet combos reach the price point of the romeos, xx, mars even if the discontinuation has started because there are still a lot of pairs floating around that can be bought less than msrp. only the older limited edition juliets (ichiro, finito) are fetching insane prices right now.

Do you remember how much they cost at the Vault? Are they only slightly discounted? I will be in Las Vegas in two weeks, I know the Downtown Premium Outlets mall has a Vault, I was thinking of stopping in. Knowing that they might have some Juliets at a decent discount will help sway my decision to go...

I struggled with that today. Was at a Vault and they had polished/fire, plasma/ice, and carbon/black. I have polished/tungsten, TiO2/titanium, and plasma/emerald already so I didn't even really want the carbon frames, and besides pretty much having the ones I want already, it's really the availability thing that scares me. Lenses are already sparse on the website and wonder for how long they'll offer tune-ups.

I think if they were discounted I would've considered another polished or the carbon but not at full retail.

Do you remember how much they cost at the Vault? Are they only slightly discounted? I will be in Las Vegas in two weeks, I know the Downtown Premium Outlets mall has a Vault, I was thinking of stopping in. Knowing that they might have some Juliets at a decent discount will help sway my decision to go...

I'll be in Vegas that weekend too. I'll be stopping in whether they have X-Metals or not, although it's highly unlikely and they'd have to be discounted pretty heavily for me to even consider. Just as everyone has already said, it's not really worth paying full retail or even close to full retail when Juliets can still be had for much cheaper via CL or eBay. Might be a little more difficult for you in HI, but there are a few ads on CL that pop up every now and then for Juliets in the $150-200 range here in SoCal.

I just hope they have some Split Jackets, Jawbones, and Flak Jackets in colorways i don't already have. If i can find those, i'll consider myself lucky. Lately all i've been finding at the Vaults are Pit Bulls and Wires.

Back