• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Single Malt Drinkers?

tarheel7734

Oakley Expert
Texas
So I am getting back into drinking single malts. It has been a while but my favorite distillery would be The Glenrothes.

Macallan, Glenlivet, and whatever you're drinking. I don't buy much, I'll get an 18- to 20-year every year or so and enjoy it sparingly.

I drink it seldom enough that 10- and 12-year just weren't enough of a treat and really kept me from thoroughly enjoying it. I have a few 12-years that are in the cupboard for more social occasions and entertaining, and blended for mixing.

I tried a 25+ year old whiskey, while visiting my wife's uncle. He enjoys drinking some serious stuff.... Anyways, after my first sip, I can truly say it was like liquid smoke. Never again..... I could probably polish furniture with it....LOL

I used to collect and drink scotch.
Lagavulin and the briny isle scotches were my favorite.
But no, I cant drink that stuff any more. The worst hangovers

I tried a 25+ year old whiskey, while visiting my wife's uncle. He enjoys drinking some serious stuff.... Anyways, after my first sip, I can truly say it was like liquid smoke. Never again..... I could probably polish furniture with it....LOL

There are so many scotches out there and most are not that smokey/peaty. You should give something in the spayside or lowland region a try. Maybe a Glenlivet or Glenkinchie

Back