• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

@QLR1 I'm seeing the Qu Tang Foams for ~$130. Unfortunately not your size, and damnit I just ordered those Rose 7's yesterday.

Anyone else able to grab those Space Jam today? Hopefully, Footlocker doesn't screw me over like Finishline did on the Bordeaux release.

Mine will be here this week. Look forward to the pics. Nice score Dude.

Just un-boxed mine and short version of this post is....wow. I really can't take pics to justify how cool the package is. Peep the video reviews if you haven't already. The QC on these is insanely good.

(really) Long version: Nike made an incredible release. The hype marketing, proper execution in construction and finish, and production volume to meet demand. Glue and stitching on point. If you've been following leaks, the branding is set straight as well as the general shape. Box/packaging is so incredible that you almost want this to be a display piece. It's so complete as a product, although most XI's come with the drawer-pull and inner sheath in general. It's like one of those toys you wanted just in time for Christmas.

I completely understand the resentment towards retro Jordan shoes because most buyers are just sheep or using them as profit tools. But without a doubt, there's way more backstory/inspiration to them than most, if not all other sneakers on the market. You take the player behind the brand name, the decade where production and design methods were advancing considerably, but also the leeway in design to not have to be so technical or calculated...it's hard to see that in modern pairs.

I think the few pairs that could command such a presence are the Kobe 4/5/9, and a good share of the LeBron line. Part of that is because of the defining moments and careers of those athletes — but even then, you look at someone dominating like Curry, and his pairs became the butt of nursing home Life Alert grandpa jokes.

Another aspect is that a good share of the AJ retro line still hold their own by today's functional standards. The sum of the 11's elements in particular make it very well-rounded in terms of performance design. It has some things modern shoes lack — whether it be the full-length Air cushion, reliable traction, heavier use of CF for a full-length shank, lightweight support overlays, speed lacing setup, or more "moldable" mesh upper.

Like take this year's Kobe 11: I'd say it fits better, and it's lighter than the AJ 11, but the upper is less resistant to abrasion, cushion is half-assed, there's really no form of torsional support, and the fine traction pattern (while really good in prime condition) will burn out sooner than later while attracting more dirt. I could go on other examples, but essentially the AJ 11 has all the right elements to work off of.

So take that + the inspiration + Nike's execution of remastering this pair as a package previously described, the anticipation for this shoe is very well-deserved.

Right now I can say is that these 11's fit really well. I know I've been raving about the fit of almost every new pick up, but I'm not kidding here. The collar wraps around more seamlessly around my ankle compared to most anything else. The only pairs that legit fit me better at the moment are the BrandBlack Ether and Rare Metal, and Kobe 11.

Any late buyers I'd suggest true to size. They don't seem to run tight, as I've heard other retro 11's do. Part of that is the re-worked shape.

tl;dr — f***ing dope purchase.

Last edited:
Adidas website: AFF30 for 30% off

Blergh. Millionth time I'm passing on Lillard 2's again. It's steal, but I've got my selection of lows covered.

Latest Posts

Back