• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Tips For A Beginning Collector Of Oakley Sunglasses Like Me?

Sweet. Will do! If your lookin for some fuel cells matco tool edition with text i have em on the exchange. Iv'e heard they are quite rare?

LIke oakley_sight said, stay true to yourself, only buy what you like and feel goes with your collection. over time your collection may go in different directions, you may start selling a few things to start buying say xmetals or other old rare pieces. me, i just buy what i can wear period. i fi can't wear it, i am not buying it.

some people here prefer collecting pieces but never wear them. i do have a couple shelf queens but duplicates so i can wear the other one :) oakleyvault.com right now has some sick deals ! especially this spring/summer time they have some nice stuff for sale.

altrec.com, write a product review, and you will get a 15% off coupon youcan use towards Oakley.
Ebay is a great place to go, If you do go ebay, i only buy from people who have 100% or at least 99% any lower and i usually pass. i got some sweet banners thru ebay.

Hi chase. To start, i second what everyone has said. Generic response i know, but still, its all good advice. For me, there are very few frames that fit my tiny face. So generally for me, i can really only buy sport frames, and a few actives. Either none of the lifestyle frames fit or i just dont like how they look. So i dont buy any. I only buy things i will wear.
As to why i started collecting, i had alot of friends for a while that had oakleys and i loved them. Mainly flak jackets and half jackets. So i bought myself a pair of flaks and i was bitten by the bug. I have 4 flaks and 2 halfs now, along with some other assorted pairs. I love the vision quality and build quality. Gonna be collecting for a long time! Good luck with your new endeavor into the oakley lifestyle, and welcome!

I wholeheartedly agree with "collect what you like" idea. There's no point spending tons of money on something you don't really like, so why do it? Most of us started by buying frames that we liked, and I think that continuing to do that is the way to be.

On the other hand, I don't quite agree with collecting only what you will wear. Though it's great to be able to wear all your glasses, I like to have a few that sit there to look pretty. It comes back to collecting what you like. Sometimes what you like is something to spice up your case, not what you wear :p For example, I love the global fuel cells and crowbars, as a nice memorabilia for the Olympics in my hometown, but i have yet to wear either of them.

I started collecting after, I'd say, my third or fourth pair, when I began to look out more for pairs that I'd like to have, but not necessarily wear. I think working at Oakley helped speed that process up xD

Back