• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anybody An Old Catalogue Saver?

oldYeti

Oakley Beginner
Is there anyone here who saved old Oakley catalogues from the 1990s, or has any other way to get information on part numbers?
IMG_0157.JPG

The part numbers are 85-216 and 75-221. Can anybody identify these parts? Hint: they are lens numbers, so does anybody know the lens tints for these numbers?
Does anybody know if there is any scheme to the number construction, like what the two digits before the hyphen represent?
How about the "#272200"? Is that an Oakley order number?

IMG_0160.JPG

Above is on the box for the Pro M frame and case.

I went through this same issue with about 200 pairs of lenses. Most had sku numbers but I never was able to find anyone that had info on the numbers. I tried several forum members that are oakley dealers but they didn't have anything that old. They're all 96-04 stuff.

In the end I started comparing to pictures to get close and buying frames to test with. I still have about 40 sets to identify but that's the only way I've been able to do it.

In case it helps; most of mine have skus starting with 90. So the 75 and 85 could be for lenses. The 06 sku in the last pic looks to be a full pair sku.

I went through this same issue with about 200 pairs of lenses. Most had sku numbers but I never was able to find anyone that had info on the numbers. I tried several forum members that are oakley dealers but they didn't have anything that old. They're all 96-04 stuff.

In the end I started comparing to pictures to get close and buying frames to test with. I still have about 40 sets to identify but that's the only way I've been able to do it.

In case it helps; most of mine have skus starting with 90. So the 75 and 85 could be for lenses. The 06 sku in the last pic looks to be a full pair sku.
I finally got an answer from Franklin at Oakley. He says "Lens=85-216 lens VR28
arm=75-221 stems". Apparently that is the box that they sent my RX VR28 Heater replacement lens in with an earlier model folding M frame thrown in for free. So I gave him a couple more numbers from my boxes, which start with "06-".

IMG_0161.JPG
Dakerys at Oakley wrote "The 06-837 is a Pro M Frame Strike Rx just the frame; this item was obsolete in 2006 and the 06-862 RX Strike replacement lenses black and was obsolete in 2009."
My lenses are definitely Heaters and I got no help on the differences in the RX insert size difference. I will at least take "Strike replacement lenses black" to confirm that it is a black iridium Heater lens, like my memory says, instead of the other possible grey lenses in 1997: grey, slate iridium, titanium iridium or grey polarized. I definitely remember that I did not want polarized lenses anymore, because of a motorcycle accident at sunset while wearing Carerra grey polarized sunglasses that prevented me seeing an oil slick a lane wide and a block long where someone blew up an engine with clean new oil.

View attachment 320033 Dakerys at Oakley wrote "The 06-837 is a Pro M Frame Strike Rx just the frame; this item was obsolete in 2006 and the 06-862 RX Strike replacement lenses black and was obsolete in 2009."
My lenses are definitely Heaters and I got no help on the differences in the RX insert size difference. I will at least take "Strike replacement lenses black" to confirm that it is a black iridium Heater lens, like my memory says, instead of the other possible grey lenses in 1997: grey, slate iridium, titanium iridium or grey polarized. I definitely remember that I did not want polarized lenses anymore, because of a motorcycle accident at sunset while wearing Carerra grey polarized sunglasses that prevented me seeing an oil slick a lane wide and a block long where someone blew up an engine with clean new oil.

Loud pipes save lives
Polarized lenses take 'em
Gotta be careful out there brother.

Back