• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anybody know if Oakley changed the appearance of Gold Iridium?

Funky-Trixtar

......Jedi Mind trickery...........
Premium Member
Kent, England
A question which I'm not entirely sure of the answer. I bought a pair of Gold Iridium lenses to replace my scratched Leather Mars pair. The only thing is, the seller (trixie26te) states they're cut from genuine O lenses and she has 100% positive feedback and the pics do show good lenses. However, when I compare them to my Tortoise Moons with Gold Iridium(representing the older Gold colour), the difference is apparent: the newer ones containing (to my critical eye) an element of green in the outer layer? As opposed to the brown colour......

Oakley X Metal Mars Gold Iridium Replacement Lenses Custom Cut Oem Authentic

Last edited:
My OO's and my Frogskin have gold lenses but they look different ...

The OO's have a 'leather gold iridium' lens which looks like it has a heavier iridium than the 'good iridium' on the Frogskin

Thank you for your response @Lexkempo, I've got that same pair (OO's Leather Gold), but the ones I'm referring to specificly are the Micheal Jordan Leather Mars which as far as a I'm aware are standard Gold Iridium.

Thank you for your response @Lexkempo, I've got that same pair (OO's Leather Gold), but the ones I'm referring to specificly are the Micheal Jordan Leather Mars which as far as a I'm aware are standard Gold Iridium.
Judging simply by what has been called +red over the years... I'm no way surprised there are variations in Gold Iridium...

Strange... I bought flak icons from the same seller and received them today. The sellers claimed they were team yellow color however when compared to my other team yellow icons they were clearly a different shade of yellow. I'm pissed I spent $30 for them. I asked the seller and they said they are 100% authentic but I don't think so...

Ive had gold iridium from 1999 to whenever they stopped. I cant say Ive seen a significant variance. Were they tungsten or bronze?

Sorry @TheOwl, you referring to the new lenes or the old ones: I'd say the old lenses contain a Bronze base tint as for the new ones I've just compared them to the Linegear ones on my Romeos: they're NOT the same, so eliminating them from the equatiion. They are both darker and a cooler colour than the original Gold.

Back