• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anybody know if Oakley changed the appearance of Gold Iridium?

... the newer ones containing (to my critical eye) an element of green in the outer layer? As opposed to the brown colour......
Are you referring the green on the outer edges of the lenses? Also were you referring to the iridium side or the back of the lenses?

Whilst thinking about the situation, another thought occurred to me: they're more like 24k, just not enough yellow in them. I wonder whether she's trying to fob me off with aftermarket 24k's?

Strange... I bought flak icons from the same seller and received them today. The sellers claimed they were team yellow color however when compared to my other team yellow icons they were clearly a different shade of yellow. I'm pissed I spent $30 for them. I asked the seller and they said they are 100% authentic but I don't think so...

@Jay-Da You realise that I spent 70 bucks on these including post, if these are fake, so 30 isn't so bad.......

Your Mars lenses aren't base 8.75 lenses, which may explain why there's a difference in the hue if it is genuine Oakley lenses.

Here's a sample of all my 8.75 oem metal gold iridium lenses and donors. Note the Mars oem is super dark (which is odd) when all my R1 oem etched lenses are identical to juliet and donors

PhotoGrid_1455712521869.jpg

Back